Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retrofit Keyless Entry
Being a lazy ass - and caring only for the driver comfort (who usually is the one to unlock the car anyway) - I can install only:
- 1 new handle with touch sensor - driver side
- 1 antenna - rear door behind the driver
- 2x wiring - one from front driver door (lock-unlock sensor), one from rear-left door (antenna)

Will this fly or will throw errors which will stop it from functioning properly?
(02-23-2024, 08:58 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: Being a lazy ass - and caring only for the driver comfort (who usually is the one to unlock the car anyway) - I can install only:
- 2x wiring - one from front driver door (lock-unlock sensor), one from rear-left door (antenna)

Will this fly or will throw errors which will stop it from functioning properly?
One side didn't work for me. Only after 2nd side completed it started to work
(02-23-2024, 09:34 PM)volvo.man Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 08:58 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: Being a lazy ass - and caring only for the driver comfort (who usually is the one to unlock the car anyway) - I can install only:

One side didn't work for me. Only after 2nd side completed it started to work
Thanks for quick reply. I will add the other one but will see if dig under the carpets or keep additional antenna next the CEM
Are you guys aquiering the connectors for these or mounting wires in another manner?

It is correct that 

antenna x3 -> connects to module box
handles led x4 -> door harness
handles x2 -> signal cable to module box

Got 4 handles with LED in my scope.. but want to be certain i can do this before going ahead.
V60 2020 
I have already ordered my parts. If you are not in rush - wait for my feedback with pics.
But as I already wrote. Lazy ass…. Wink
Kidding. Busy busy. But I will do it asap.
(02-28-2024, 07:34 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: I have already ordered my parts. If you are not in rush - wait for my feedback with pics.
But as I already wrote. Lazy ass…. Wink
Kidding. Busy busy. But I will do it asap.

Haha thanks, maybe ill buy and just store so nobody snags the last ones in my color Smile . I Need some summer projects to keep me busy.
EDIT: Bought 3x antennas and 4 handles.. so one way or another this is getting done xD.

EDIT2: thing i had a break through in my head. (i now have all hardware except harness)

Antenna + LED -> door harness
signal cable -> CEM (F0)

So the question is, where do we get connectors without buying 4x harness for lots of cash just to get simple connectors. (it's halfy answered already but one connector was unconfirmed)
Second queston from a noob, where do we geta hold of a pin that slides into the original connector/harness? i understand the principles of crimping etc but i know there are like 100000 different types of connectors and pins.
V60 2020 

1. Hello. I started installing keyless on my car (2019 V60). At the moment, I have replaced the wiring harness in the doors, the handles and the rear antennas. I activated the keyless function and noticed that the rear handle lighting does not work. I replaced the front handles with the back and the LEDs are good. I checked and indeed they go to pin 8 and 23 in the door module. Does it have to do with the fact that I haven't pulled the wires for antennas and signal in CEM yet?
2019 Volvo V60
(03-03-2024, 06:08 AM)paunionutz Wrote:
  1. Hello. I started installing keyless on my car (2019 V60). At the moment, I have replaced the wiring harness in the doors, the handles and the rear antennas. I activated the keyless function and noticed that the rear handle lighting does not work. I replaced the front handles with the back and the LEDs are good. I checked and indeed they go to pin 8 and 23 in the door module. Does it have to do with the fact that I haven't pulled the wires for antennas and signal in CEM yet?

Sorry for not answering the question but do you have part numbers for the harnesses you've bought? 

I'm right now researching the differences between all versions im finding in swedish scrapyards.
V60 2020 
Sorry. I didn't think to take pictures before install
2019 Volvo V60
(03-03-2024, 06:08 AM)paunionutz Wrote:
Are you sure you have enabled option 2 for leds- All handles? I dont have Orbit with me right now but is all handles is 2nd line option- 1st one is probably front only. 

If not - take multimeter and measure if you get 12v on any pin.