Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 inch to 12.3 inch display upgrade
Hi all, I have a 2019 S60 T6 Momentum with the smaller 8-inch instrument cluster display. I have the opportunity to buy a 12-inch display from a 2019 XC60. Will the display function properly or will I have to try and program it? I know the mileage will be different.
I would like to know this too! I bought a used 12.3 inch from an XC60 for my S90. Wondering does Orbit support this function. I’ve seen Spacey’s YouTube video showing it as one of the configurations but I don’t know will it be able to reload the DIM.
Warning! Please be careful and double-check. If the donor display has a higher mileage than your current mileage, the higher mileage will be programmed in your car. There is NO WAY BACK.
(11-29-2023, 11:10 AM)Sodertalje Wrote: Warning! Please be careful and double-check. If the donor display has a higher mileage than your current mileage, the higher mileage will be programmed in your car. There is NO WAY BACK.

The higher mileage will be displayed* but not programmed. Those types of displays, from what I know, can have their mileage corrected only when bought new
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
As far as config...I think no problem, change config in OrBit and you are good, assuming a used unit loaded with software already. Loading software on a DIM, that may be more complicated and outside of what OrBit can do for now, there is some security to the process. 

Good point on the mileage! Some folks that have done some testing have told me about this...there are multiple modules that store mileage, and there is a sort of automatic "mileage process" that happens, when you connect a module storing mileage that is different from the other modules. It does appear that process is: "TAKE THE HIGHEST MILEAGE NUMBER" among the modules and they all set that new higher mileage number!!. And there is not any easy way to modify the mileage of the car that I know...yet. Probably it's better to deal with that before installing a new module like DIM...make sure the mileage is lower thanyour car if you can...
If DIM module have higher mileage number than other modules then all cars modules will take that mileage from DIM Exclamation Exclamation . Tested. So changing DIM(Instrument Cluster module) make sure the mileage is lower than your car.
Another issue may happen if the new DIM programmed for a different fuel tank / fuel type. Fuel level will not work, so you have to upload some SW to the DIM.
(12-06-2023, 11:51 AM)ElectricEel Wrote: If DIM module have higher mileage number than other modules then all cars modules will take that mileage from DIM Exclamation Exclamation . Tested. So changing DIM(Instrument Cluster module) make sure the mileage is lower than your car.

And that may be difficult if you order your used DIM online. Where I come from, for some magical reason all wrecked cars that have parts online never seem to have driven more than 95000 miles / 150000 km. Therefore only use a second hand DIM where you can see the mileage yourself in the wrecked car. Never trust an online seller.
I just swapped the DIM on my poverty spec 2019 S60 T6 Momentum. Donor vehicle is also a 2019 S60 T6 Momentum but with less miles and earlier built date. 

The replacement DIM works without any coding in VIDA or changing the config in Orbit, but it did set off 2 DCTs in VIDA after the initial engine start, one says odometer tempered, and the other one says invalid config, but neither had any effect on the vehicle, and after changing the DIM config in Orbit, I believe the code are gone now.

VIDA also recognizes the hardware change after the swap, and prompted me to do a DIM firmware reload and IMS removal (interior motion sensor? not sure why) but the DIM flash failed due to “131 - an incompatible hardware part detected for ecu: 1801 DIM”, I assume this is because VIDA tried to load the small screen DIM firmware into the large screen DIM? but the screen worked fine somehow. It would be nice to figure out how to do this legitimately in VIDA, but unlike XC90 I don’t think it’s a factory supported operation, since there is no DIM upgrade listed in Volvo accessory store for S60.

Btw, initially the DIM displayed the mileage of the donor vehicle, and it immediately changed to the miles of my car after starting the vehicle for the first time, also since DIM stores info about maintenance interval, make sure you note down how many miles and days left before next service since this will be reset. I drove it for about 30 miles after the swap, and everything seems to be in working order, to the best of my knowledge.

Also I enabled ACC/PA and factory nav with Orbit too, and now I have map on the DIM screen, both seems to be working fine compared to my loaded V60CC, but only time will tell.
(01-01-2024, 04:43 AM)richardGG24 Wrote: I just swapped the DIM on my poverty spec 2019 S60 T6 Momentum. Donor vehicle is also a 2019 S60 T6 Momentum but with less miles and earlier built date. 

The replacement DIM works without any coding in VIDA or changing the config in Orbit, but it did set off 2 DCTs in VIDA after the initial engine start, one says odometer tempered, and the other one says invalid config, but neither had any effect on the vehicle, and after changing the DIM config in Orbit, I believe the code are gone now.

VIDA also recognizes the hardware change after the swap, and prompted me to do a DIM firmware reload and IMS removal (interior motion sensor? not sure why) but the DIM flash failed due to “131 - an incompatible hardware part detected for ecu: 1801 DIM”, I assume this is because VIDA tried to load the small screen DIM firmware into the large screen DIM? but the screen worked fine somehow. It would be nice to figure out how to do this legitimately in VIDA, but unlike XC90 I don’t think it’s a factory supported operation, since there is no DIM upgrade listed in Volvo accessory store for S60.

Btw, initially the DIM displayed the mileage of the donor vehicle, and it immediately changed to the miles of my car after starting the vehicle for the first time, also since DIM stores info about maintenance interval, make sure you note down how many miles and days left before next service since this will be reset. I drove it for about 30 miles after the swap, and everything seems to be in working order, to the best of my knowledge.

Also I enabled ACC/PA and factory nav with Orbit too, and now I have map on the DIM screen, both seems to be working fine compared to my loaded V60CC, but only time will tell.

try loading 31470541. it maight fail as it says it only works with models -18 but if your car is built 2018 but considerd as a 2019 it maight work