Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key
Hello 119
Long time no see, can you add an area on the forum about adding keys?
Adding Keys
Delete key
(06-17-2023, 02:11 PM)VOLVO-pan Wrote: Hello 119
Adding Keys
Delete key

VIDA only operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-17-2023, 11:07 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(06-17-2023, 02:11 PM)VOLVO-pan Wrote: Hello 119
Adding Keys
Delete key

VIDA only operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only VIDA. If you have CEM dumps, it can be done with SMOK as well.
OrBit 0.5.3 beta release notes include a line:

"OrBit updated to handle "SA 11" security access PIN properly, when reading secure DIDs and future key fob learning functions."

So it seems it's planned but not yet implemented.  Which is great, because I just bought a sport key fob and have been waiting for at least one other VIDA thing I needed before paying for 3 days.  I don't mind waiting to be able to just do it in OrBit.
Yes, the PIN for packet capture is also tested through configuration testing, and different parsing tools calculate different levels.
For example, 01 PIN, 03 PIN, 11 PIN, 17 PIN
It can definitely be done outside of VIDA. We know the procedures for DSA.

The matter of fact remains that Security Access to Area 11 is required - and for that you need the relevant PIN. SMOK or VIDA being your options to get these... but get them once, and you can have as many keys as you want (kind of!).
(06-19-2023, 10:55 PM)x119 Wrote: It can definitely be done outside of VIDA. We know the procedures for DSA.

The matter of fact remains that Security Access to Area 11 is required - and for that you need the relevant PIN. SMOK or VIDA being your options to get these... but get them once, and you can have as many keys as you want (kind of!).

I hope it's that easy. retrofitted Keyless, after installing it, reversed config and tried to programm a sports key using vida. Unfortunately the key is not recognized or it's the wrong key. (Vida message)

So I guess the CEM only recognizes the sports key if keyless is enabled in the CEM. 

So, trying now to program the newer ms style keys, which should work, and then I have the pincode I hope.

It's the same with the P3 and the security pins. But these can be found easily if the config CEM pin is available.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(07-04-2023, 04:45 PM)TweakeNL Wrote:
(06-19-2023, 10:55 PM)x119 Wrote: It can definitely be done outside of VIDA. We know the procedures for DSA.

I hope it's that easy. retrofitted Keyless, after installing it, reversed config and tried to programm a sports key using vida. Unfortunately the key is not recognized or it's the wrong key. (Vida message)

So I guess the CEM only recognizes the sports key if keyless is enabled in the CEM. 

So, trying now to program the newer ms style keys, which should work, and then I have the pincode I hope.

It's the same with the P3 and the security pins. But these can be found easily if the config CEM pin is available.

Did you do logging / wireshark when you tried adding the key? If so you my have the security access 11 key seed exchange captured. If so, then we can probably help.
(07-04-2023, 07:23 PM)x119 Wrote:

Did you do logging / wireshark when you tried adding the key? If so you my have the security access 11 key seed exchange captured. If so, then we can probably help.

Jep, I did, also send the wireshark logging to Andrew to check. But have not heard anything yet. He probably is busy, or did not receive my message.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(07-05-2023, 08:57 AM)TweakeNL Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 07:23 PM)x119 Wrote:

Jep, I did, also send the wireshark logging to Andrew to check. But have not heard anything yet. He probably is busy, or did not receive my message.

Pop it over to me in a PM. Power6 is probably busy coding new features Cool - I'll be able to extract the necessary if it's there.