Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[105] Welcome and goodbye lights type
Did someone already test this option? My previous Volvo had a dedicated button for home and goodbye lights. Our current fobs do not have them. In my config this option is disabled and was wondering what the options were.
Tried it. Even the pattern
Nothing changes. You'll still have to push the stalk
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(05-14-2023, 10:24 AM)marinalin85 Wrote: Tried it. Even the pattern

You tried any of the options and none have any results?
(10-09-2023, 02:25 PM)Henk{GP} Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 10:24 AM)marinalin85 Wrote: Tried it. Even the pattern

You tried any of the options and none have any results?

My S60 has enable / disable option in Sensus > My Car > Lights > Exterior lights for Welcome and home safe (delay). 
I changed from (on/off) to pattern A. Yes, there is difference but you need to pay attention to on the order of the lights turning on. 
Regular (on / off) >>> All lights (front DRL, back stop lights and door handles are turned on all at the same time. 
Pattern A >>> Front DRL first, with little bit delay back stop lights and door handles. Door handles are fade in.  low to high intensity. 
The delay between front and back is really low you may not  even be able to notice it. 

I have not tested the others, but seriously what it can do? Disco lights? :-) It's car not a toy at the end of the day. Well, some people put red lights in the cabin and think it's sexy but not form me.
My 2019 XC90 T6 R-design with high level illumination had default setting of "01 Without approach and home safe lighting" even though in Sensus I also had the same option enabled as IMAY2023. Manually pushing the headlight stalk did also turn on the lower headlights and taillights for however long it was set to. I recently had a 2024 XC90 B6 as a loaner which had "08 Welcome and Goodbye Lights Pattern 7". I've set mine to that as well, but don't recall previous behavior well enough to know if that changed anything since it may be minor. Not so much disco lights, but some were hoping for animated effects similar to other makes and models when locked/unlocked.

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s