Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fitting backup camera
Hi all, 
my late 2017 XC60, whit sensus, does not have a backup camera. Only the pieps are there. If I fit one and connect it myself, can I than activate the camera in OrBit or is this really dealer work? Dealer said there is some software missing that the have to install.
Is there somebody who knows? Thanks in advance, have nice weekend.

Could it be just setting “154 front parking camera” to
“ 02 rear parking camera “
or
“ 09 rear parking camera …..activated when reversing”
Late 2017 XC60 t5 inscription
It should work with OrBit. I did retrofit the backup camera myself. It's not too hard. Couple of hours work.
(05-07-2023, 04:28 PM)Sodertalje Wrote: It should work with OrBit. I did retrofit the backup camera myself. It's not too hard. Couple of hours work.

Hi Sodertalje
I gone try it, there is not much to lose.
Thanks for your reaction. Have a nice evening.
(05-07-2023, 05:09 PM)Piet Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 04:28 PM)Sodertalje Wrote: It should work with OrBit. I did retrofit the backup camera myself. It's not too hard. Couple of hours work.

Hi Sodertalje
I gone try it, there is not much to lose.
Thanks for your reaction. Have a nice evening.

Check out below link. You have all the guides there. After installation, you should be able to enable it from Orbit
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...io/2017/T5
Hi IMAY,
Thanks Sir. But your link is for a <2017, I have a >2017 or a MY 2018.
And I have the manual for that already, so thanks.
Regards Piet
I know that with the old Volvos, the PAC or Park Assistance Camera, needs software to function. Just something like the configuration of the car. It needs to know on what CAN address  what information is found. For example the steering wheel angle for the parking lines. It's not possible to buy a new module or even a module from another model for it to work. (Tried a V60 module in my V70 once, did not work.)

Trying it with a second hand unit from the same modelyear and engine/model and it should work by activating it through Orbit.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
I am hoping that just like P* on the SPA’s the software is there already and Ive just have to activate it.
The camera is from Vstore and if it goes wrong than the software can installed by the dealer
for only $50 or so. Not a big deal.
I don't think the rear cam in these cars is a CAN module, I think it is a feed wired directly to the IHU (in cars without 360cam which have the WAM module), not sure if someone can confirm.

that would indicate it's a good chance you can simply wire up the cam and set the config with OrBit.
(05-09-2023, 09:03 PM)Power6 Wrote: I don't think the rear cam in these cars is a CAN module, I think it is a feed wired directly to the IHU (in cars without 360cam which have the WAM module), not sure if someone can confirm.

that would indicate it's a good chance you can simply wire up the cam and set the config with OrBit.

Rear view camera's do not have CAN. It connects directly to the IHU.  It's just an activation like many other's on Orbit. 
360 view WAM is a different story. It connects to IHU where the single backup camera connects, it also has it's own power from fuse box in the trunk. All 4 cameras are connected to WAM. 

Here is a useful link how to install many different accessories on many different volvo models.  
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...ion/Search 
I installed park assist pilot on my 2019 S60 according to the guide I found in there. I had to wire it myself because volvo no longer sells the harness.
(05-10-2023, 07:49 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 09:03 PM)Power6 Wrote: I don't think the rear cam in these cars is a CAN module, I think it is a feed wired directly to the IHU (in cars without 360cam which have the WAM module), not sure if someone can confirm.

Rear view camera's do not have CAN. It connects directly to the IHU.  It's just an activation like many other's on Orbit. 
360 view WAM is a different story. It connects to IHU where the single backup camera connects, it also has it's own power from fuse box in the trunk. All 4 cameras are connected to WAM. 

Here is a useful link how to install many different accessories on many different volvo models.  
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...ion/Search 
I installed park assist pilot on my 2019 S60 according to the guide I found in there. I had to wire it myself because volvo no longer sells the harness.
Got all the parts for backup camera. Waiting for a sunny day to install them and I will post an update
It was hard to find the right parts due to the cable because V60 uses 1 type of cable which was 130€
But when I got the camera, I saw that it works on XC90 and XC60 as well so I looked for a cable for one of those and I found 1 at 40€. The trunk bracket for the camera was also compatible with XC90. If someone needs the part numbers, let me know
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit