Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo xc40 VCU1
Hi everyone,

I have replaced my VCU1 in my xc40 , i put an used one from *bay ( i try to reload with VIDA without succes part number same ) , my problem is car is not starting , starter works fine , but i think fuel not coming , i want to know if VCU1 not from car can refuse engine starting ?
what can be the good solution except buying new vcu1 from dealer ? reflash with orbit is possible ? any advice will be grateful.

in Vida talk about ecm check serial number between ecm and vcu1, but i'm confused

ps : I replaced vcu1 because water inside ( loooong story about that ) , i put vcu1 in garbage  so i can't read dump or something else to swap dump.
You can't reload VCU1 software to used one because PINs are different from what Vida has in it's database - Vida is trying to unlock used VCU1 with different PINs than used VCU1 has.
Ahh yeah the VCU1 is pretty central to the car, I think it's serialized, well R1maS probably knows more than I do on it. 

Possibly there is something to be done, if maybe you had the VIN of the car the used VCU1 came from?? Even then it's probably beyond what OrBit can do right now, there is software and whatever is needed to serialize to the car.
Hi , thanks for reply

finnaly is order new vcu1 , reloaded sw,  but not work car not start again my problem is not here.

thanks again