Recharge CCS1 to CCS2
#1
I imported my C40 to Germany and I would like to update the charging port to the EU CCS2 plug adapter. Both plugs utilize J1772 protocol, looking at pictures of the parts the plugs seem to be compatible. Can any one point to the configuration line I would need to change to reflect the update or should the ECU recognize it once I register the new part. 

The issue is in the EU the CCS1 plug does not allow 3 phase AC charging, which is very common including at my house.
Reply
#2
If I'm not mistaken, there are two settings on the Orbit that change the "charging mode", you would have to test it to see.
Volvo XC40 1.5T Hybrid R Design MY20 Cool
Reply
#3
it is in the menu. try changing it, of course after changing the charging connector. write the result. it will be interesting findings


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply
#4
Thank you, that helps a lot. Now hopefully even with the same part number there are not different regional differences with the on board charger.
Reply
#5
(10-15-2025, 05:41 PM)Legend2 Wrote: Thank you, that helps a lot. Now hopefully even with the same part number there are not different regional differences with the on board charger.

Write information about how you solved it, I hope you succeed. Good luck
Reply
#6
Without dropping the battery to replace the entire inlet cable i simply unplugged the US inlet/charging cable at the on board charger, and plugged in the EU charging cable. reconnected the battery and made the adjustment in orbit. 

Unfortunately with an error code stated an incompatible configuration change has been made, which disables the charging port. 

I feel there may need to be a deeper configuration change that i have not discovered, or a reinitilization of the module. I would love some feedback on what may be the cause. 

Is there a control module that i can not find listed on the On board charger with regional differences, as the part numbers for the charger are the same?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)