Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat problem
On the seats!
Volvo v60 2021, there were regular seats in the base, mechanical + electric lift and electric lumbar cushion!
Bought R design seats fully electric + retractable leg support and side supports!
Installed, ran the wiring to can H and Can L, as a result, the passenger one worked immediately, even without connecting to Orbit
The driver's does not work!
Connected orbit, carried out all the procedures, turned everything on, the result: the passenger one works everything except the side support!
The driver's does not work, but when you press the button, the relay clicks in the area of the buttons!
The most interesting thing is that the passenger seat, if you pull the additional functions lever, it says that the driver's seat is adjusted! If you pull the same lever on the driver's seat, then the inscription "passenger seat adjustment" appears, but they are not adjusted in any way!
I thought that the seats were taken from an English right-hand drive car (although according to the wiring, pin 31 was on the passenger seat, as it should have been with the left-hand drive! I thought about it and decided to swap the seat control units! I did it! The effect is the same! The driver's does not work and only calling the additional button writes on the screen "adjustment of the passenger seat"
The passenger works completely except for the lateral support and says that it is the driver's!
Maybe someone has encountered this?
Hey... just retrofitted leather full electrical heated R-Design seats. Changed the seat sensor, pin 11, and moved the pin to the new passenger side, right side. Wired those LIN connections, and power to pin 1 on both sides to fusebox. Still missing power connections due to wrong fusebox connections - so can not tell if it works. 

Everything else works ... BUT seat memory function is mixed, i.e. pressing memory buttons on driver/left side, changes settings in on the passenger side.... I noticed that the pins 31 and 28 are reversed on driver/passenger connector. I'll try that and report back.

Maybe You have the same issue?
(09-29-2024, 11:59 AM)ana100 Wrote: Hey... just retrofitted leather full electrical heated R-Design seats. Changed the seat sensor, pin 11, and moved the pin to the new passenger side, right side. Wired those LIN connections, and power to pin 1 on both sides to fusebox. Still missing power connections due to wrong fusebox connections - so can not tell if it works. 

Everything else works ... BUT seat memory function is mixed, i.e. pressing memory buttons on driver/left side, changes settings in on the passenger side.... I noticed that the pins 31 and 28 are reversed on driver/passenger connector. I'll try that and report back.

Maybe You have the same issue?

No luck. Checked the original seats, in driver seat, PSMD is indeed connected to pin 31 of big connector. But passenger seat, pin there's no pin in the seat harness. I guess this LIN is for the massage/support seats.

Now question is, where is the information, if the seat is driver or passenger? Is it programmed in to the PSMD module?
(09-27-2024, 06:31 PM)tomichik Wrote: On the seats!
Volvo v60 2021, there were regular seats in the base, mechanical + electric lift and electric lumbar cushion!
Bought R design seats fully electric + retractable leg support and side supports!
Installed, ran the wiring to can H and Can L, as a result, the passenger one worked immediately, even without connecting to Orbit
The driver's does not work!
Connected orbit, carried out all the procedures, turned everything on, the result: the passenger one works everything except the side support!
The driver's does not work, but when you press the button, the relay clicks in the area of the buttons!
The most interesting thing is that the passenger seat, if you pull the additional functions lever, it says that the driver's seat is adjusted! If you pull the same lever on the driver's seat, then the inscription "passenger seat adjustment" appears, but they are not adjusted in any way!
I thought that the seats were taken from an English right-hand drive car (although according to the wiring, pin 31 was on the passenger seat, as it should have been with the left-hand drive! I thought about it and decided to swap the seat control units! I did it! The effect is the same! The driver's does not work and only calling the additional button writes on the screen "adjustment of the passenger seat"
The passenger works completely except for the lateral support and says that it is the driver's!
Maybe someone has encountered this?

Yes, found the reason for Your passenger seat problem. Passenger seat wiring harness has one extra wire, from A21 of PSM to ground. This must be there only in the passenger seat. Otherwise, car does not know which seat is the passenger, which is the driver seat. 

On the seats the buttons should still work despite that above, so You have also other problems on Your driver's seat - check carefully all the wirings, compare to the wiring diagram.  The connectors can be missing the pins, so check carefully with a multimeter that You'll get all the needed signals/power from the main connector. 

I also installed right-hand drive seats to left-hand drive car, and needed to:
  1. Rewire that A21 ground signalling on the PSMs
  2. Change the seat belt reminder mat to passenger side, and rewire that to the main connector.