Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VCM Battery Connector damage and reset.
Hi, I have a P31489606 (VCM 3G - V90 Inscription Pro D5 (Dec 2016) and in a lazy panic, I lifted the battery pcb connector off the PCB/PWB.

Its a standard SMD connector and i managed to lift all the pads off with it, great and i went into the usual cold sweat.

Okay, i know I'm stupid, but I was under pressure, another story.

I can fix it myself, as have had years of repairing boards including multilayer boards.

But i can only trace 3 of the 4 pins. There are a few PTH nearby but no sign of where the pad was connected.

Can anyone help? Just the pinouts or ideally a circuit diagram of the 8v backup battery connections for the VCM 3G. Just using it with a temp fix to keep driving.

Also,

Can anyone advise how i can reset the unit for a new battery??
Hi, Havent heard from anyone but can give an update.

Note: Im not the only one with this problem as i have been approached by a few others.

I have bought a cheap replacement battery pack and can see the 4th wire (green) is used for a NTC thermister to monitor battery temp. Does anyone know where this is connected on the main board (PCB/PWB), remebering i pulled the SMD connector off the board and cant obviously see where this pin is connected.

The other 3 are for charging and monitoring the 2 cells.

If anyone can find the track that the green wire, 4th of the smd battery connector, is conencted i will do the repair and load photos to help others. 

Sometimes the thermister is not used but as charging to just over 8v (max allowed 4.2v charging) it is pushing the battery so it is likely used.