Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo XC40 B3 Mild Hybrid 2025 Changes
I have a Volvo XC40 B3 2025 (Mild Hybrid)
I’ve tried enabling
 Lane Change Assist
Active Cruise Control 
Creep Option
Evasive Manoeuvre Assist

None of them seem to work, if I make changes to any of these settings I get multiple brake failure, parking brake failure warnings and a few others. 
Does anyone know if any of these settings can be safely changed?
Thanks.
(08-15-2024, 07:47 PM)Chally2 Wrote: I have a Volvo XC40 B3 2025 (Mild Hybrid)
I’ve tried enabling
 Lane Change Assist
Active Cruise Control 
Creep Option
Evasive Manoeuvre Assist

None of them seem to work, if I make changes to any of these settings I get multiple brake failure, parking brake failure warnings and a few others. 
Thanks
I don't know about CX40 but 
Lane Change Assist > Does not work. Leave it alone.
Evasive Manoeuvre Assist  > Don't change this. 
Creep Option > This is for full hybrid cars only. Mild Hybrid is a BS.  VOLVO replaced the regular starter and the alternator with a 48 volt generator that does both. 
Active Cruise Control > You mean adaptive not active.  
For this there are 3 main settings. 
023 CRUISE CONTROL > You can chose  04 or 07 that will give you ACC & PA. 
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION > Most of us have it on 01. Start from there. 
238 TOP DAMPING, BRAKES  > Official ACC / PA uses 02.  Check yours but do not change it. 
You can also enable curve speed support works while ACC or PA is engaged  For that you will need, 
148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT > 02
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST > 05

Orbit should run ABS clear config routine as post programming.  Make sure you do not have any checkboxes marked in "Export toolbox" tab. 
After configuration is done.  Disconnect the orbit "from the button" first. Turn off the ignition and lock the car for about 15 minutes. 
Start the engine and check for the errors. If there are any,  check and copy the DTCs to  notepad. 
Then, clear the DTCs and run  "ABS clear config" under services TAB.  lock the car for 15 minutes and check again. 
Hope this helps/
(08-16-2024, 05:47 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
I’ve tried enabling
 Lane Change Assist
Active Cruise Control 
Creep Option
Evasive Manoeuvre Assist

Thanks
Creep Option > This is for full hybrid cars only. Mild Hybrid is a BS.  VOLVO replaced the regular starter and the alternator with a 48 volt generator that does both. 
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION > Most of us have it on 01. Start from there. 
238 TOP DAMPING, BRAKES  > Official ACC / PA uses 02.  Check yours but do not change it. 
You can also enable curve speed support works while ACC or PA is engaged  For that you will need, 

Orbit should run ABS clear config routine as post programming.  Make sure you do not have any checkboxes marked in "Export toolbox" tab. 
After configuration is done.  Disconnect the orbit "from the button" first. Turn off the ignition and lock the car for about 15 minutes. 
Start the engine and check for the errors. If there are any,  check and copy the DTCs to  notepad. 
Then, clear the DTCs and run  "ABS clear config" under services TAB.  lock the car for 15 minutes and check again. 
Hope this helps/

Thanks for the great advice IMAY2023, it clears up the issues I’ve been having. I’ll try your suggestions on the changes and let you know how it goes. 
If you have any advice on upgrading the media player settings that would also be appreciated, I think I have the plus system (not sure. Of the correct name) but 8 speakers I the car no sub woofer, I’ve tried upgrading some of the settings to the higher spec the changes do appear in the head unit but I have no sound. I can’t remember the specifics off the top of my head but I had the equaliser stage sound etc but when applied I had no audio. I tried changing the amount of speakers as they were showing as no value but this made no difference. 
Also, do you know anything about the heat seating values?  The standard is 3 which is pitiful so I changed it to 10 which made no difference at all. I’ve now tried 5 and I’m not sure this has made much difference either as I’ve only driven the car for a short period today with the seat heating on, it seamed a bit warmer but that may be my imagination. 

Many thanks for any help or advice you can give. 
Chally ????????
(08-16-2024, 11:44 PM)Chally2 Wrote:
I’ve tried enabling
 Lane Change Assist
Active Cruise Control 
Creep Option
Evasive Manoeuvre Assist

Thanks

Hope this helps/

Thanks for the great advice IMAY2023, it clears up the issues I’ve been having. I’ll try your suggestions on the changes and let you know how it goes. 
If you have any advice on upgrading the media player settings that would also be appreciated, I think I have the plus system (not sure. Of the correct name) but 8 speakers I the car no sub woofer, I’ve tried upgrading some of the settings to the higher spec the changes do appear in the head unit but I have no sound. I can’t remember the specifics off the top of my head but I had the equaliser stage sound etc but when applied I had no audio. I tried changing the amount of speakers as they were showing as no value but this made no difference. 
Also, do you know anything about the heat seating values?  The standard is 3 which is pitiful so I changed it to 10 which made no difference at all. I’ve now tried 5 and I’m not sure this has made much difference either as I’ve only driven the car for a short period today with the seat heating on, it seamed a bit warmer but that may be my imagination. 

Chally ????????
Happy to help. 
Now, let's start from the easiest "Heated seats"  
My S60's original setting was 2 and it was hot enough for non-lather seats. After I replaced them with full lather that came from 2018 S90, it was kind of warm only. I increased it to 8 and it's ok for me now. Having said that, it depends on the material and the used heat element inside your seats. Basically, higher the value warmer it should get but the value you choose must be valid for the heating module itself.  So, start from 5 and check if you feel the difference.  Putting a value of 10 might not actually have a meaning for your heating element.  Manufacturers keep updating the components and the software.  

For the audio setup and different configurations. There are only two different configuration items, not not change any other. They are all legacy settings for previous models. 
But changing the audio config without actually adding or replacing the AUD does not mean anything and most of the cases, it will cause other problems such as signal sounds, low audio and so on. 
028 RADIO, AMP AND SPEAKER SYSTEM  
      01 > Performance Audio >  No AUD (No Amplifier sound directly comes from IHU.) 
      02 > High Performance Audio > Basic AUD (with or without SUB)  second configuration. 
      03 >High Performance Plus Audio > HK AUD (with SUB) 
      04 > Premium Audio > B&W AUD (with sub)  don't know if this is even offered for XC40. 
210 SUBWOOFER  > with or without. 

If you want to upgrade your audio, look at this threadHere is the wiring diagram of your car, you can start from there to determine what you have now and to what you want to upgrade.
(08-17-2024, 12:31 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 11:44 PM)Chally2 Wrote:
I’ve tried enabling
 Lane Change Assist
Active Cruise Control 
Creep Option
Evasive Manoeuvre Assist

Thanks

Hope this helps/

Chally ????????
Happy to help. 
Now, let's start from the easiest "Heated seats"  
My S60's original setting was 2 and it was hot enough for non-lather seats. After I replaced them with full lather that came from 2018 S90, it was kind of warm only. I increased it to 8 and it's ok for me now. Having said that, it depends on the material and the used heat element inside your seats. Basically, higher the value warmer it should get but the value you choose must be valid for the heating module itself.  So, start from 5 and check if you feel the difference.  Putting a value of 10 might not actually have a meaning for your heating element.  Manufacturers keep updating the components and the software.  

For the audio setup and different configurations. There are only two different configuration items, not not change any other. They are all legacy settings for previous models. 
But changing the audio config without actually adding or replacing the AUD does not mean anything and most of the cases, it will cause other problems such as signal sounds, low audio and so on. 
028 RADIO, AMP AND SPEAKER SYSTEM  
      01 > Performance Audio >  No AUD (No Amplifier sound directly comes from IHU.) 
      02 > High Performance Audio > Basic AUD (with or without SUB)  second configuration. 
      03 >High Performance Plus Audio > HK AUD (with SUB) 
      04 > Premium Audio > B&W AUD (with sub)  don't know if this is even offered for XC40. 
210 SUBWOOFER  > with or without. 

If you want to upgrade your audio, look at this threadHere is the wiring diagram of your car, you can start from there to determine what you have now and to what you want to upgrade.

For the moment no changes can be done to 2025 models which have to do with the brakes
Will always result in errors