Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Car does not turn on after the new Drive mode switch install
Hi I have a car without drive mode switch. However, today I retrofitted the ignition switch with the drive mode wheel. Now the car does not want to start. When I press the drive mode wheel down, the modes appear in the sensus screen, but when I try to turn the ignition switch, nothing happens.

The new drive switch has the one directional ignition switch, while my old had bi-directional. In orbit configurator I have already selected "drive button with one directional ignition switch" and selected option for "ignition switch with drive modes".

TLDR:
Drive wheel works, ignition switch doesn't

PS. battery did drain down, it has 11,75V 59% charge. I have connected a trickle charger to charge it over night. Could this be the culprit why the car's engine does not want to turn on?
(07-29-2024, 04:30 PM)Advancedas Wrote: Hi I have a car without drive mode switch. However, today I retrofitted the ignition switch with the drive mode wheel. Now the car does not want to start. When I press the drive mode wheel down, the modes appear in the sensus screen, but when I try to turn the ignition switch, nothing happens.

The new drive switch has the one directional ignition switch, while my old had bi-directional. In orbit configurator I have already selected "drive button with one directional ignition switch" and selected option for "ignition switch with drive modes".

TLDR:
Drive wheel works, ignition switch doesn't

PS. battery did drain down, it has 11,75V 59% charge. I have connected a trickle charger to charge it over night. Could this be the culprit why the car's engine does not want to turn on?

Well, you have three options. 
1) Switch is faulty. 
2) The wiring is different since your old version is bi-directional.  Check the wiring diagrams. 
3) The LIN signal is different,  you might need recheck your settings.  

My 19 s60 has drive mode switch with 1 directional ignition and my settings are 

022 START DEVICE > 02
057 DRIVE MODE  > 02
452 DRIVE MODE SWITCH  > 00 undefined.