Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLIS on iCup cars
Hi all,
I have a Volvo XC60 T6 er PHEV MY '22.5 and this was one of the cars where the chip shortage happened, so I don't have BLIS or CTA.
Is there a possibility to install these? Is the harness ready? Somebody did this already?
Hardware wise, if the harness is ok,  I would think the 2 sensors in the rear bumper and the mirrors. But secondhand hardware or new?
Software wise, I would think something has to be changed (by Vida or the dealer)?

I'm new at this, and only did config changes with OrBit and looked around.
Thx for the suggestions.
Tom
Volvo XC60 T6 PHEV 2022.5 Inscription Expression
Volvo P120 Amazon non standard Weber downdraft 38 + Overdrive
(06-10-2024, 04:49 PM)TomAmazon Wrote: Hi all,
I have a Volvo XC60 T6 er PHEV MY '22.5 and this was one of the cars where the chip shortage happened, so I don't have BLIS or CTA.
Is there a possibility to install these? Is the harness ready? Somebody did this already?
Hardware wise, if the harness is ok,  I would think the 2 sensors in the rear bumper and the mirrors. But secondhand hardware or new?
Software wise, I would think something has to be changed (by Vida or the dealer)?

Thx for the suggestions.
Tom

Have a look at this thread. 
Regarding the wiring, each build is different depending on the production week.  Sometimes it's prewired and sometimes it's not or partially wired like bumper harness has the connector but from the bumper to the ECU it does not. You need to check your car.
iCup? What does that even mean?
(06-14-2024, 06:26 PM)ChainedAlice Wrote: iCup? What does that even mean?

Cars with Android Automotive
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
iCup = Android infotainment cars (2022+ XC60, 2023+ XC90-S/V90-S/V60,  all XC40/C40 EV, all Polestar 2)

All others are the Sensus infotainment cars.
(06-10-2024, 04:49 PM)TomAmazon Wrote: Hi all,

Thx for the suggestions.
Tom

Customers with OrBit have done this. I am not the expert on wiring, that needs to be investigated on each car. Likely need the rear bumper harness swapped with version that has plugs for the SODL/SODR units. Need to verify the wiring from the bumper harness plug at the chassis has the wiring to support BLIS. In the door need to verify the wiring to support the mirror indicator is present, it would be wired from the door mirror to the door module (DDM/PDM).

Given the wiring is handled;
  • Install SODL and SODR
  • Install mirror glass with BLIS indicators
  • Change config with OrBit to enable BLIS

You may have some other issues to resolve, based on the SODL/SODR modules you get. If used, they should be loaded with software already it may work straight away. If the software is incorrect, different software can be loaded with OrBit. A common problem is the SOD unit is universal (works right or left) but you have a left side installed loaded with right side software (IIRC). We would have to identify the correct software needed, I can usually help out here and try to get you the correct software files to load if needed. The diffrent models and years vary so much, I just have to do on a case by case basis working with you through support.
(06-21-2024, 02:10 PM)Power6 Wrote: iCup = Android infotainment cars (2022+ XC60, 2023+ XC90-S/V90-S/V60,  all XC40/C40 EV, all Polestar 2)

All others are the Sensus infotainment cars.

Where does this term come from?