Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V60 T8 MY19 Retrofitting seat memory
I'd written down the PINs from the memory button & locking switch the door trim panel harness connector but unfortunately could not find it.  
But it's very easy, you can look on the left side (driver). where those 8 wires are going.  The two brown wires on the old green connector should be connected to each other. 
One of them is the positive coming from the Seat module for button lights the other one is going to the window switch. (for light.)  The third one is the ground coming from the window switch to the old lock switch you can use the same just repin.  

Tip, in order to check yourself for getting lighting wiring right, you can use Ohm meter and 9V battery. The lights of the switches turns on only with correct polarity! So, you would exactly know which is positive and ground and which two wires needs to be connected together since the old lock switch bridges the positive. 

I would also buy the harness; the list price is only $45, Yes, I spent around $10 for the connectors and PINs but the wiring took me about 3 hours. Because I wanted everything look like from factory.
Yeah i think i am getting the harness with my doorpanels so i would guess it should be plug and play for me?
V60 2020 
Well, In that case it should be. 
There are two harnesses inside the doors. 
1) On the door panel where the speakers, switches and lights connected.  > This is the one you are getting with your door panels. 
2) On the door itself that connects to car body and the rest of things on the door. (door handles, door module, window motor &regulator and so on)    
Number 1 connects to the number 2 via 22 PIN grey connector. 

In US made cars, the harness on the door (2) above, has the wiring from the 22 PIN connector to the door module for memory seats. 
You mentioned that you are in Sweden so I don't know if EU made cars has the same door harness or not.   
VOLVO has strange ways to save money.
(03-16-2024, 07:20 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Well, In that case it should be. 
There are two harnesses inside the doors. 
1) On the door panel where the speakers, switches and lights connected.  > This is the one you are getting with your door panels. 
2) On the door itself that connects to car body and the rest of things on the door. (door handles, door module, window motor &regulator and so on)    
Number 1 connects to the number 2 via 22 PIN grey connector. 

In US made cars, the harness on the door (2) above, has the wiring from the 22 PIN connector to the door module for memory seats. 
You mentioned that you are in Sweden so I don't know if EU made cars has the same door harness or not.   
VOLVO has strange ways to save money.

Mounted the panels now and activated memory seats, the memory buttons makes sounds atleast when pressing memory button. looking at a harness im mounting to my front door pin 22 is pinned in it. so i guess i just check when mounting signal cable to front door handles that they are pinned also.
V60 2020 
Good job. 
If you are seeing a brown light after pressing "M" button and hear a sound when pressing 1 or 2 while the brown light is on M button, you are good. 
Check the locking switches and the switch lights.  They should turn on with the interior lights. 

If you have not replaced your seats yet, memory seats won't work and you'll get DTCs from the seat controller complaining about the position sensors. (inside the motors) 
Until you switch the seats, seats might will not move right away. In order to move the seat front, first you try front, "It will move an inch and stop" then you do back. It will again move back an inch and stop. Now you can you move the seat Front  and back.  Same thing will happen in all directions due to missing sensors until you switch the seats with the ones have memory option.
(03-22-2024, 12:58 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Good job. 
If you are seeing a brown light after pressing "M" button and hear a sound when pressing 1 or 2 while the brown light is on M button, you are good. 
Check the locking switches and the switch lights.  They should turn on with the interior lights. 

If you have not replaced your seats yet, memory seats won't work and you'll get DTCs from the seat controller complaining about the position sensors. (inside the motors) 
Until you switch the seats, seats might will not move right away. In order to move the seat front, first you try front, "It will move an inch and stop" then you do back. It will again move back an inch and stop. Now you can you move the seat Front  and back.  Same thing will happen in all directions due to missing sensors until you switch the seats with the ones have memory option.

Super! i'll keep in mind to cleat DTC when i'm completely done. Hope to get my drivers seat atleast working very soon. Need that leather goodness Smile
V60 2020 
A question related but not direct.

As i changed panels in all doors i have lock buttons on my back doors also. However programming 86 to 02 (central locking buttons) from only front doors to front and rear doors do nothing for the buttons in the back.

Am i missing something? harness in both backdoors are from s60/v60 polestar cars so the wiring should be there unless there is something from the pillar missing.
V60 2020 
I never tried it because I don't want the kids to be able to unlock the doors.  But it might work only with combination of BOSS switch like S90 series have on the rear right hand door.
(03-24-2024, 08:55 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: I never tried it because I don't want the kids to be able to unlock the doors.  But it might work only with combination of BOSS switch like S90 series have on the rear right hand door.

Buttons started working! Interesting feature. Asked my wife to press it while we where driving and it locked her door. She could not untoggle it and door was locked from outside. But she could still open, so having kids in back might inconveniance by you having to unlock with fob or keyless fron outside Smile
V60 2020 
Hello guys. I just finished installing the new interrior in my 2019 V60. I only have driver electric seat. I programed the seat, but it doesn't show on the tablet the position of the cusion extension or the backrest inflating. This is shown only on 2 electric seats?
Thanks
2019 Volvo V60