Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLIS Retrofit for Polestar 2
Since I didn't purchase the Pilot Pack for my MY23 LRSM, I don't have BLIS or CTA.
Does anyone have experience retrofitting and enabling the required hardware?

I didn't see any posts in the retrofit threads about this as I guess Volvo provides this functionality as standard.
CTA is part of the BLIS. CTA is just the extended functionality to BLISS using the same hardware.  I don't think if anyone have tried to retrofit it to a polestar 2. 
You will need to BLIS sensors on the rear bumper and two new mirrors with the BLIS option.  
Regarding the wiring, not sure if polestar is same as VOLVO 40/60/90 series, volvo ones are available in another threads.
Polestar 2 is on CMA platform and is most similar to Volvo C40 and XC40.
Do you know if the BLIS sensors on the rear bumper are the same sensors as used for Park Assist (the same physical sensor doing double duty)?

TIA
No, they are completely different. 
BLISS sensors are two rectangular sensors 1 at each corner of the rear bumper.  It operates on CAN bus. 
Parking sensors on the other hand,  they are circular.  In standard there are 4 of them. If the car is equipped with semi auto parking, there are 6 of of them. They operate on low voltage.
(05-23-2024, 02:11 PM)eGuru Wrote: Polestar 2 is on CMA platform and is most similar to Volvo C40 and XC40.
Do you know if the BLIS sensors on the rear bumper are the same sensors as used for Park Assist (the same physical sensor doing double duty)?

TIA

Interestingly enough, the base spec polestar 2 has the BLIS radars in the rear bumper on both the right and left sides from factory. You would need to replace the wing mirrors though.
I'm really surprised a car like that doesn't have BLIS standard. Wow.
(Yesterday, 12:56 AM)Ratrod Wrote:
(05-23-2024, 02:11 PM)eGuru Wrote: Polestar 2 is on CMA platform and is most similar to Volvo C40 and XC40.

TIA

Interestingly enough, the base spec polestar 2 has the BLIS radars in the rear bumper on both the right and left sides from factory. You would need to replace the wing mirrors though.

Interesting. is this USA only or ROW too?