Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending high beams?
Ok, quick question.

For those of you who have Adaptive High Beams from the factory, what is the default state of the high beams? Bending enabled or not bending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Different markets have come with different values. 
As far as I know; in US,  all cars come with " 109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM > 03 AHB1 (on/off)! and 256 BENDING LIGHT > only in Low beam.
(01-08-2024, 02:17 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Different markets have come with different values. 
As far as I know; in US,  all cars come with " 109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM > 03 AHB1 (on/off)! and 256 BENDING LIGHT > only in Low beam.

Yes, but what I’m wondering is what the proper configuration is for cars that came with the full adaptive high beam package in their market. Bending only in low or bending in high.

It doesn’t appear to affect the high beams when they are in adaptive mode, but when they go full bright they either bend or not depending on the setting.

Standard will be non-bending on highbeam. But I did activate it. It does help a bit. And its independent from adaptiveness, that will still function the same
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(01-08-2024, 02:22 AM)Partridge Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:17 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Different markets have come with different values. 

Yes, but what I’m wondering is what the proper configuration is for cars that came with the full adaptive high beam package in their market. Bending only in low or bending in high.

It doesn’t appear to affect the high beams when they are in adaptive mode, but when they go full bright they either bend or not depending on the setting.

As I mentioned, in the US market high beams are not set to adaptive at all; regardless if they are bending or not, they are just on / off but automatic! If you want to get the full functionality of the FULL LED headlights, then put them into adaptive high beam in small village and bending in both high and low! Then you will see the headlights expending side to side, focused on center, center low sides high and adjusting brightness even the car goes straight depending on the conditions.
(01-08-2024, 06:08 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

As I mentioned, in the US market high beams are not set to adaptive at all; regardless if they are bending or not, they are just on / off but automatic! If you want to get the full functionality of the FULL LED headlights, then put them into adaptive high beam in small village and bending in both high and low! Then you will see the headlights expending side to side, focused on center, center low sides high and adjusting brightness even the car goes straight depending on the conditions.

My question is not about US spec behavior. My question is for people in markets where the default behavior is Full Adaptive Headlights and whether the default setting for those markets allows bending in high beam or not.

I was one of the first people to experiment with the active settings on the XC90 in the US, when there were plenty of people saying it wouldn’t work. I know exactly what the settings do, I’m just wondering what the defaults are in other markets, or if any markets allow bending in high beam.

The reason for asking is that the high beams appear to have two modes. Adapative and full high. In adaptive they are shadowing cars, but when there are no vehicles around they switch to a brighter higher high mode which appears to be equivalent to the regular non
Adaptive high beam pattern. The bending setting has no effect on the lights when they are in Adaptive mode, but when they switch to full high they will bend or not depending on the setting.

This is most noticeable on a curve when the lights switch to full high beam and they will swing to straight ahead if the setting is off. If the setting is on, they don’t have to move laterally as they are already in the bent position, however there is a noticeable dim gap in the pattern on tight corners.

(01-08-2024, 07:19 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:08 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

My question is not about US spec behavior. My question is for people in markets where the default behavior is Full Adaptive Headlights and whether the default setting for those markets allows bending in high beam or not.

I was one of the first people to experiment with the active settings on the XC90 in the US, when there were plenty of people saying it wouldn’t work. I know exactly what the settings do, I’m just wondering what the defaults are in other markets, or if any markets allow bending in high beam.

The reason for asking is that the high beams appear to have two modes. Adapative and full high. In adaptive they are shadowing cars, but when there are no vehicles around they switch to a brighter higher high mode which appears to be equivalent to the regular non
Adaptive high beam pattern. The bending setting has no effect on the lights when they are in Adaptive mode, but when they switch to full high they will bend or not depending on the setting.

This is most noticeable on a curve when the lights switch to full high beam and they will swing to straight ahead if the setting is off. If the setting is on, they don’t have to move laterally as they are already in the bent position, however there is a noticeable dim gap in the pattern on tight corners.

I hear you but different models have different headlights, modules and different software so they behave differently. 
For example. I have 2019 s60 t5 which did not came with full led bending lights. I replaced the headlights and the 1 module on each headlight.  My experience is a bit different! 
when I set the high beams to adaptive but without bending on high beams, they did not do any shadowing, did not illuminate far right or did not move side to side while driving straight. They just lower or increased the brightness. 
But when I set both adaptive and bending on (low & high) beams, headlights started to shadowing, to move side to side while driving straight and bended while turning.
What is the difference between adaptive village and adaptive small village?
(10-11-2024, 12:34 AM)glennda5id Wrote: What is the difference between adaptive village and adaptive small village?

I believe it's the sensitivity to deactivate the adaptive beam. 
Village = a few street lights
Small village = even less..
(10-11-2024, 01:14 PM)x119 Wrote:
(10-11-2024, 12:34 AM)glennda5id Wrote: What is the difference between adaptive village and adaptive small village?

I believe it's the sensitivity to deactivate the adaptive beam. 
Village = a few street lights
Small village = even less..

So "Village" would leave the brights on more of the time?