• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie - Unable To Connect Car To OrBit
Hi there

Newbie here.

Car - Polestar 2 (2022)
S/W version on car - 2.13.1
OBDII Connector - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MEC...UTF8&psc=1
Laptop OS - Win 10

My car is on the L2 charger (40% SoC) and I connected the OBDII connector to my laptop and tried to connect to the car. Here is the log message:

Requesting connect
Waiting for connection...
No cars found! Check cable, replug OBD connector, or check local firewall blocks OrBit from incoming connections
Error Reason: timeout
OrBit Disconnected

I had the same message come through after multiple disconnect/connects I made at the OBDII end and the laptop. I have Windows Defender (no other security software) and checked that orbitrun.exe had access to both Private and Public networks. No dice.

What could be the reasons for OrBit not being able to connect to my car? I suspect the OBDII connector, but this is what many users in the Polestar forums have recommended that works with OrBit.

Any help appreciated
I am using ENET cable, works without problem...
(01-05-2024, 06:51 AM)danthe88 Wrote: I am using ENET cable, works without problem...

Apologies if you have already done this but go to windows defender firewall and disable all the visible functions. Worked for me.
Will be trying out another cable. @sootyvandriver, can you elaborate on what you mean by disable all visible functions?
Tried connecting the car with the same cable, but to a different Windows PC. Connected successfully. 

I updated 106 (LED Lights ROW) and 109 (Adaptive Pixel). Got the following DTCs:

OrBit DTC Report for LPSED3KXXXXXXXXX
01/10/2024, 12:39:51

HCML:
U2300 - **No description found in ECU database**

HCMR:

PSCM:
U112B - Interrupted Communication with Central Electronic Module (CEM)- Bus Signal / Message Failures- Missing message

I reloaded the settings from the car to see whether everything got applied correctly, and saw an "SRS Failure. Drive car to Service" warning on the driver panel. Checkd the DTCs and here's what was there:

OrBit DTC Report for LPSED3KXXXXXXXXX
01/10/2024, 12:43:51

CEM:
B1507 - Passenger Airbag Lamps Status- - General electrical failure

HCML:

HCMR:

PSCM:
U112B - Interrupted Communication with Central Electronic Module (CEM)- Bus Signal / Message Failures- Missing message

SRS:
B00135 - Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator- Algorithm Based Failures- Event information

Reset all the ECUs and everything went back to normal. Checked 106 and 109 and the settings are now set to Adaptive Pixel headlights.

Do not know why the SRS warning popped up. Did I do the right thing in resetting all the ECUs? Is there something else I should do, like restoring the car to OEM and re-doing the settings?
If just clear all dtc at this stage - let us know how you get on!
(01-10-2024, 09:40 PM)x119 Wrote: If just clear all dtc at this stage - let us know how you get on!

I cleared all the DTCs and soft reset the ECUs. Took a test ride and everything worked perfectly. The adaptive lights are literally a game changer. Thanks, OrBit for allowing users to enable this feature (it's so awesome from a safety perspective).
Figured out that I needed to turn the firewall off for my first computer to connect. Not too happy about that, but what I did was to first start OrBit, get the validation code, and then disconnect from the internet completely, turn the firewall off and then hook up the OBDII. OrBit then connected with the car. To clarify, I only have Windows Defender firewall on and checked to make sure that orbitrun.exe had access to both private and public networks on the "Inbound" side
(01-11-2024, 03:11 AM)SashaSolitaire Wrote: Figured out that I needed to turn the firewall off for my first computer to connect. Not too happy about that, but what I did was to first start OrBit, get the validation code, and then disconnect from the internet completely, turn the firewall off and then hook up the OBDII. OrBit then connected with the car. To clarify, I only have Windows Defender firewall on and checked to make sure that orbitrun.exe had access to both private and public networks on the "Inbound" side

It's not inbound, it's outbound.  From Orbit (PC) > (outbound) CAR! When you connect the OBDII, the network is public "undefined" 
You can also create a firewall outbound rule in advance settings just select program and enter "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\OrBitApp\OrBitRun.exe"  Allow it for all "Public, private and domain.
(01-11-2024, 08:56 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 03:11 AM)SashaSolitaire Wrote: Figured out that I needed to turn the firewall off for my first computer to connect. Not too happy about that, but what I did was to first start OrBit, get the validation code, and then disconnect from the internet completely, turn the firewall off and then hook up the OBDII. OrBit then connected with the car. To clarify, I only have Windows Defender firewall on and checked to make sure that orbitrun.exe had access to both private and public networks on the "Inbound" side

It's not inbound, it's outbound.  From Orbit (PC) > (outbound) CAR! When you connect the OBDII, the network is public "undefined" 
You can also create a firewall outbound rule in advance settings just select program and enter "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\OrBitApp\OrBitRun.exe"  Allow it for all "Public, private and domain.

Thanks, @IMAY2023. I'll check it out later today.