Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel heater V90 cc 2018
Hej, är det möjligt att kolla dieselvärmare i OrBit? Kan jag göra komponenttest och se hur många som startar och stoppar, hur många timmar det har arbete och startar och stoppar värmaren? Ledsen för dålig engelska, jag är från Sverige.
Hälsningar Staffan
New at this. Thanks for all help
Ja ja…
If you are too lazy to translate to English, why should we?
I write it in english, this is what i write. I don't know why it been in Swedish, by the way, you don't need to be rude. Hi, is it possible to check diesel heaters in OrBit? Can I do component tests and see how many start and stop, how many hours it has work and starts and stops the heater? Sorry for bad English, I'm from Sweden. Greetings Staffan
Exclamation 
(12-31-2023, 06:37 PM)danthe88 Wrote: Ja ja…

A little less entitlement please Dan. Users are free to write in whatever language they wish. Most modern browsers it’s a simple select, right click and translate.
(01-01-2024, 08:55 PM)x119 Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 06:37 PM)danthe88 Wrote: Ja ja…

A little less entitlement please Dan. Users are free to write in whatever language they wish. Most modern browsers it’s a simple select, right click and translate.

Thank you.
Hi Staffan, welcome! I know you PM'd me too, I thought this was a good one for public dicussion to answer here.

Some of the things you seek are in OrBit. Reading data, via DIDs is in OrBit and driven by a diagnostic catalog. For each module, you can read all the possible data fields known. So checking the cycles, starts/stops etc we should not have a problem there. What I am not sure on, is do you know what module controls the parking heater and holds that data? 

The part OrBit will not have, is component testing for parking heater. It's a matter of time to add service and testing features to OrBit to eventually cover all that VIDA does, and it's done as I gauge demand in OrBit. As well as the complexity, some things are simple...and I could add them on request pretty quickly, and some are quite complicated! All is not lost there, we have some ways to get speciic things done via sending raw commands to ECUs with OrBit. That allows me to help users get through specific issues sometimes, and I am always willing to help if you contact me at support. 

I don't want to promise anything OrBit can't deliver, it's a work in progress. I am some of the way there with service functions, but there is so much more to go. One thing I am thinking about is adding a sort of universal GUI for service functions to make it easier for me to add specific functions without needing to create a specific dialog and workflow for each service function. This would speed up the process of getting closer to parity with VIDA as a service and diagnostics tool for SPA/CMA Volvos and Polestars.
Hi, the diesel heater stores info in the CPM module and it talks to the ECM. Hope it's helpful. Sincerely Staff