Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
085 Central Lock, Type
Anyone know what "085 Central Lock, Type" does? There are two options "01 Without blocked lock mode" and "02 Blocked lock mode" (with my US spec car set to 01)

I'm wondering if this is related to the "double lock" function available in some geographies?
That is correct. My car has the alarm system and after locking the car, you'll hear another lock after 20 seconds. From that moment on, you cannot open the doors from the inside.
Yes, 02 is 'dead locking'. It's ON (02) in the UK FYI. 

Couple of security things are absent in the US, steering lock is another.
Yes, I've been slowly trying to add in some of those absent functions (e.g., IMS, tilt BBS). Thanks for confirming. Does 'dead locking' require any different hardware to enable?

I noticed the steering lock missing as well -- is this a hardware difference?

FYI this is on a '23 XC40 Recharge
Dead lock also requires different locks. It's not possible to enable the software only.
My steering lock failed and left my car stuck on my driveway for over a week... only Volvo can 'resolve'. 

It's different hardware - and you don't want it!
The Steering column lock (SCL module) on the Volvos is troublesome, I wouldn't add one. It also participates in immobilization, which may not be worth getting into on a car that did not originally have it, since you would need to handle that outside of VIDA. I am up to help with OrBit if someone really wants to do it, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

I was wondering about the double-locks, typical for US cars not to have those. It was always a hardware feature on older cars, I was curious if it was all software now, but there probably needs to be a mechaincal component, the US car the inside handle will always unlock the door and open it.

I have added the siren (BBS) with the inclination sensor and the IMS Interior Motion Sensor to my US S60.

Laminated side glass could be considered a security feature, some models do have it in the US, my S60 does not.