Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar
Volvo has been tightening down over time on the use of US consumer VIDA subscriptions (volvotechinfo) outside the US and on non-US cars.

You will find it is not possible now. Over time Volvo has added more restriction to the process:

You must buy the subscription with a US credit card
If you log in to VIDA from a non-US IP, your VCC ID (The VIDA login) will be later suspended
If you connect a non-US VIN, your VCC ID will be later be suspended
You now cannot order software for a non-US VIN through US VIDA (using the volvotechinfo account to order)

Currently it's not possible to use the US consumer VIDA on a non-US car to order and run the config test needed to get the PIN. You'd need to get access to VIDA another way, very friendly dealership or independent shop with VIDA, I know that is hard to come by! We do offer the "PIN Service" for that reason.
I'm waitting for my new XC60 2022 to arrive.
I know how to read CEM and find  pin (i have a suitable programmer) but now i need pin from VGM.
How in the hell can we pull that without VIDA?
Does this also affect Canada? I thought it was open for NA before without any loopholes.
(05-24-2023, 12:17 AM)c40Owner Wrote: Does this also affect Canada? I thought it was open for NA before without any loopholes.
Vida works in Canada no issue

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(05-15-2023, 04:40 PM)x119 Wrote: Our answer would have been different a year ago to today; if you get a US subscription it's a sure fire way to get your car blocked by Volvo. But it used to be VPN + US Credit card (virtual). 

If you're simply after your PIN then you can use the following links on the Plan page of the website: https://spaycetech.com/buy_orbit

Otherwise if you already have an OrBit license then email Power6 via the following address: info@spaycetech.com

Yes, you are right, they do often changes and add new controls, nowdays they will add face recognition at logins, or someth like that, more verifications, and controls...

Yes, that's why i was afraid use USA subscription 3 days over VPN , yes i tested by VPN, but for some reason couldn't order subscription 3 days or any other, when try press order, web not react, not offer to add in cart and to pay, tnx for info that must be US credit card, i can solve such virtual US credit card, and USA IP over VPN.

Yes, better option buy it over spaycetech, less troubles...

(05-15-2023, 09:13 PM)Power6 Wrote: Volvo has been tightening down over time on the use of US consumer VIDA subscriptions (volvotechinfo) outside the US and on non-US cars.

You will find it is not possible now. Over time Volvo has added more restriction to the process:

You must buy the subscription with a US credit card
If you log in to VIDA from a non-US IP, your VCC ID (The VIDA login) will be later suspended
If you connect a non-US VIN, your VCC ID will be later be suspended
You now cannot order software for a non-US VIN through US VIDA (using the volvotechinfo account to order)

Currently it's not possible to use the US consumer VIDA on a non-US car to order and run the config test needed to get the PIN. You'd need to get access to VIDA another way, very friendly dealership or independent shop with VIDA, I know that is hard to come by! We do offer the "PIN Service" for that reason.

You are absolutely right! I tried by USA IP over VPN, then couldnt order anything, and then give up Smile ... Maybe web was under maintenance, as was some info about maintenance, but if problem later EU VIN, USA VIDA subscription, will rather not risk it  Smile .

Thank you very much for clear explanation! Great that people have option through you solve it.

Friend who deal with CEM pin decoding, told me it's easy solve it by reading CEM dump and then find CEM PIN in this dump, even without removing and chip from board, but with  few wires only, and this way we get pin free of charge for SPA, CMA too, or using your service Wink .
I have not purchased Orbit yet, but i wanted to ensure i can get the CEM pin first beforehand.

I am in the UK, so a VIDA subscription looks impossible.

If i purchase Orbit with the CEM Pin option, can someone explain the process?
How is it done? Do i need to have the car connected and something is done in realtime remotely? Do i send log files from something?
(06-04-2023, 03:21 AM)sly666 Wrote: I have not purchased Orbit yet, but i wanted to ensure i can get the CEM pin first beforehand.

How is it done? Do i need to have the car connected and something is done in realtime remotely? Do i send log files from something?

Hi!

The PIN service option is easy as can be! When you buy, I will request your VIN, as needed for your license but also to get the PIN. The process is:

1.) You send me your VIN
2.) You have a cup of tea, maybe a nice nap
3.) I send you the PIN

That's all there is to it ;-) 

In very rare case, there could be a problem...like if your car is "blocked" with Volvo that's a problem, but I guarantee you would already know if this was possibly a problem. I just mention that so you know: if there is any problem getting a PIN, I will refund the PIN Service, and if that means using OrBit at all is not feasible for you without the PIN, I will refund the entire purchase. I guess I don't advertise a "Money Back Guarantee" , but I will never, ever, take money for something without delivering the expected product!
(06-04-2023, 03:21 AM)sly666 Wrote: I have not purchased Orbit yet, but i wanted to ensure i can get the CEM pin first beforehand.

I did the pin retrieval option even though I’m in the USA even though I could have just installed VIDA and done it that way simply because I wanted to get started with the minimum amount of fuss. It’s as Power6 explained, pretty much painless. It’s not instant, but you don’t have to do anything except send in your VIN and have a wee bit of patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Power6 Wrote:

Hi!

The PIN service option is easy as can be! When you buy, I will request your VIN, as needed for your license but also to get the PIN. The process is:

1.) You send me your VIN
2.) You have a cup of tea, maybe a nice nap
3.) I send you the PIN

That's all there is to it ;-) 

In very rare case, there could be a problem...like if your car is "blocked" with Volvo that's a problem, but I guarantee you would already know if this was possibly a problem. I just mention that so you know: if there is any problem getting a PIN, I will refund the PIN Service, and if that means using OrBit at all is not feasible for you without the PIN, I will refund the entire purchase. I guess I don't advertise a "Money Back Guarantee" , but I will never, ever, take money for something without delivering the expected product!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

If the PIN is generated from a US based dealer using VIDA, is that not a guaranteed way to get my UK VIN blacklisted/blocked?
Well you are assuming you know how the PIN is gotten ;-) The less said the better, I don't actually get them anyways, I leave it to some experts and offer it as a way to enable using OrBit when otherwise it might be more difficult. There has not been a problem of risk to the car and it's status within the system. It's not something related currently, "blocking" being a very specific thing: the car being connected to VIDA with modified configuration.

About half, or recently even greater percentage, of buyers go with the PIN Service option. There has not been one single issue caused with that...and I am saying this publicly, so if I am wrong, someone is surely going to call me out on that!