Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
360 CAM retrofit V60
Just bought myself a WAM, mirrors and some OEM cables. As it's official not possible to snip the LVDS cables, you can buy full length ones from the dealer. I added the LVDS part in the door wiring from an XC90 from the junkyard. Just extracted the LVDS cables from that one. 

If you buy new door harnesses from Volvo, those LVDS cables are already in it. Only the replacement harnesses have these LVDS cables, so no part number with or without lcds cables. They are both the same.

All parts needed: 

- 2 mirror assemblies (I found 2 of them good priced in Sweden. (Bildelsbasen.se)
- Grill including cam
- Reverse cam, as the 360 version is different then the normal one.
- WAM

All LVDS cables (V60): 

31470377 - This cable is actually too short. I don't know how Volvo managed to go from the WAM to the IHU with 1480mm of wiring. It just does not fit. Will try to extend it tomorrow.
The LVDS part in the door wiring.

It is not possible to buy the connectors for the cams separate, as they wont sell it as a connector. Only full wire+connector combo. Even the manufacturer of the connectors. 

Wam only needs CAN and power. (And to all camera’s and ihu obviously) It is on the same can lines as the SODL and SODRs.

Connector for power and can: 31268300 with 30656669 pigtails.
A1 BK/WH ground - I used the one from my tow hook.
A2 White CAN - Both CAN can be found on the right side in the trunk. As the WAM uses the exact same CAN as SODL and SODR.
A3 Green CAN
A4 BU/YE 12v ACC switched

Now just route all the cables in the car. All the cables just snap in all the connectors in the car. They only fit one way.

Install WAM in bracket.

Change config item 

154 FRONT PARKING CAMERA to 03 Parking camera 360

And it works!

Still waiting for my rear cam. So, that's why that one does not work. :-)

Now we need to recalibrate it using orbit some day. Hopefully Andrew can add it soon.  Angel
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
Awesome work!!
how much did you pay in total?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
(05-26-2023, 10:44 PM)dominik.alam Wrote: Awesome work!!
how much did you pay in total?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It all depends on how much all the cams are. I'm trying out the Chinese ones now.

Wiring was about 700 euro's. The most expensive part.

It is possible to extend these cables. They are shielded but nothing is impossible.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
That's great!
Just did a test calibration with Andrew. It looks a lot better now!

What, test calibration?

New feature?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(05-31-2023, 02:17 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: What, test calibration?

New feature?

Ability to trigger the camera recalibration would be nice. I’m going to be replacing my grille soon and there is the possibility it might need a recalibration afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-02-2023, 03:04 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(05-31-2023, 02:17 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: What, test calibration?

New feature?

Ability to trigger the camera recalibration would be nice. I’m going to be replacing my grille soon and there is the possibility it might need a recalibration afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is completely out of whack after grille change.

I can't believe you did this hahaha, swapped all them parts in and the WAM. But I already told you as much ;-)

You bring up a good concept to know with the Volvo, I have not seen this but maybe other mfrs do it too. Sometimes Volvo builds the car with "cheaper parts" that aren't available as service parts. It's common to try to look at "replacement parts" catalog and see "360 cam car has same door harnesses as the rear-cam only car, great!" but then you get into your door and the wires are not there! That is because Volvo built your car without wiring it doesn't need, save a few cents on the parts. But the replacement parts, will be the one with "all the wires" so Volvo only has to carry a single part in the catalog for all the cars. Just a good thing to know, there are multiple examples of this, even with modules (which I will show later, when I complete getting the bendy headlight swap working).

Cam calibration will be added. I needed to work out the process. Many other cars have a complicated procedure of putting special patterned mats around the car and running a calibration that works off those precisely placed mats. Turns out the Volvo does not, it's basically a "start calibration and drive the car" thing.

I can send over a manual process to run through if anyone would like to. I built the capability into OrBit to send raw commands to ECUs so that things like this can be tested before a complete process is developed. 

BeachBoy, I found some specific info about the grille swap, you can still calibrate the 360 cam, but the skew of the view will not be corrected for the later grille with the earlier car. It may be a hardware or software difference, something in the WAM beyond calibration that corrects for the lens fisheye and general positioning, that is what I suspect anyways. I know you have swapped the WAM to a later one (or correct me if I am wrong?). Swapping the WAM you should def go through the camera learn/calibration. We don't know the effects of the swapped WAM yet, maybe its great with the matching later cam if you run through calibration.

The opinion of my contact that has swapped many of the newer grilles on to the older cars...he said the camera is then a little off but not enough to matter much, customers don't care, so not a problem he was keen on solving. Just one opinion though ;-)
I am keen on solving it.

Many many people live with the new grille on older cars especially the XC90 that swap to the newer concave grille.

Before WAM I have skewed from camera from the grille swap, very annoying for me since my parking in reverse in a parking garage with a concrete post beside my spot so I park 100% of the time with the 360 cam.

This is after grille swap, old WAM no cal.:
[Image: b3bd337ccfb680f461c7a96993f42e04.jpg]

After WAM it didn't fix the front and now added rear issue as well, where I see spots on the 360 viee. Now rear I even see part of my license plate which I don't recall seeing before. There are the pics after WAM, no cal.;[Image: 79f4bbb80ec88264f8dde67c4699358e.jpg][Image: fc0daf14084279126baa3df5c9408223.jpg]