Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar
You don't need to put any filter.  Just pay attention to select the correct adaptor. Since you will need to have both internet (wifi) and ethernet to the car, make sure to select the correct NIC right before starting the capture. 
Then save the wireshark capture into a file.
(01-05-2024, 05:25 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: You don't need to put any filter.  Just pay attention to select the correct adaptor. Since you will need to have both internet (wifi) and ethernet to the car, make sure to select the correct NIC right before starting the capture. 

Okay, got it. Thanks!
pretty
Hello everyone, can vida configuration test  without vida subscription?
(01-31-2024, 10:16 PM)julianoslo Wrote: Hello everyone, can vida configuration test  without vida subscription?

Of course not.
Thanks for all the great info. If all I wanted to do was to add another key, is there another PIN required or is the CEM PIN all I need?
(02-23-2024, 03:42 PM)castelnau Wrote: Thanks for all the great info. If all I wanted to do was to add another key, is there another PIN required or is the CEM PIN all I need?

If you have a supported vehicle CEM will suffice. What year / model.
(02-23-2024, 05:46 PM)x119 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 03:42 PM)castelnau Wrote: Thanks for all the great info. If all I wanted to do was to add another key, is there another PIN required or is the CEM PIN all I need?

If you have a supported vehicle CEM will suffice. What year / model.

2019 XC60, I ask as I saw in the Nov release that the software now supports key fob pin decryption. Is that different from the CEM pin or just a subset?
(01-05-2024, 05:25 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: You don't need to put any filter.  Just pay attention to select the correct adaptor. Since you will need to have both internet (wifi) and ethernet to the car, make sure to select the correct NIC right before starting the capture. 

So to be clear, I need to capture the adapter with Ethernet to car (VOE)?
V60CC T5 2020
yes, start the wireshark before reading and installing the software with VIDA. 
If you already have an active VIDA can you please do me a favor and look for a wiring diagram? 
Here is the VIN number: 7JR102FK5MG094609
I need to know to which CEM PIN the PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR CONTROL MODULE UNIT (31497671) is connected and I couldn't find wiring diagrams for 22 and older. 
Thanks in advance.