10-05-2026, 12:03 PM
Thank you for the feedback.
Indeed, Volvo will block the vehicle, hence why I'm wondering.
I had a quick comparison in the drawings: mainly what I saw is that my seats have direct power going to the lumbar support button, then the button controls the pump directly.
- Airbag/occupant detection/seatbelt: this is not impacted, it's a completely separate wiring from the comfort functions, therefore not a subject here
- Power: same pins for +12V and GND between the two types of seats: mechanical manual and electric/memory seats
- LIN: one extra wire for each seat from the CEM to the seat
Otherwise evrything else is managed "internally" in the seat for motors, heating, ventilation.
There is nothing else for me to prepare, just for the seats to work (other than the coding, of course).
Then there are the memory buttons on the door card: these are connected via 4 wires between the door module and the buttons. It seems there is nothing else to connect between the CEM and the door module, which is good.
For the rear seats, there is indeed a trigger to be connected for the foldable headrests, but, there is also a feedback sensor to be connected to the CEM for the headrest position (I'm guessing for occupant presence to give me a warning that headrest should be properly in place when someone is seated there). but this is not the "urgent" part.
Finally, to avoid being blocked by VOLVO: I see 3 solutions:
- Have one switch to shut off LIN wires before connecting VIDA
- Have one switch to shut off power wires before connecting VIDA
- Have one switch to shut off both LIN and power before connecting VIDA
I guess there is no way to make them update their database with added seat modules?
Indeed, Volvo will block the vehicle, hence why I'm wondering.
I had a quick comparison in the drawings: mainly what I saw is that my seats have direct power going to the lumbar support button, then the button controls the pump directly.
- Airbag/occupant detection/seatbelt: this is not impacted, it's a completely separate wiring from the comfort functions, therefore not a subject here
- Power: same pins for +12V and GND between the two types of seats: mechanical manual and electric/memory seats
- LIN: one extra wire for each seat from the CEM to the seat
Otherwise evrything else is managed "internally" in the seat for motors, heating, ventilation.
There is nothing else for me to prepare, just for the seats to work (other than the coding, of course).
Then there are the memory buttons on the door card: these are connected via 4 wires between the door module and the buttons. It seems there is nothing else to connect between the CEM and the door module, which is good.
For the rear seats, there is indeed a trigger to be connected for the foldable headrests, but, there is also a feedback sensor to be connected to the CEM for the headrest position (I'm guessing for occupant presence to give me a warning that headrest should be properly in place when someone is seated there). but this is not the "urgent" part.
Finally, to avoid being blocked by VOLVO: I see 3 solutions:
- Have one switch to shut off LIN wires before connecting VIDA
- Have one switch to shut off power wires before connecting VIDA
- Have one switch to shut off both LIN and power before connecting VIDA
I guess there is no way to make them update their database with added seat modules?
MY2024 XC40 Recharge Single Motor Extended Range

