Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit T8 Brakes - 345/320mm to 366/340mm
(05-03-2023, 06:02 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: I do agree with you! Before I became a father, I wouldn't hesitate to dive from 35 feet without even checking how deep the water was and wouldn't think twice to floor the pedal and see speedometer at the end. But now, it's a different story. I admit I turned into too scared type :-)

This related to one of my design goals with my brake kit: "will I put my family in this car?"...and I do. Every choice I made was with that in mind. Everything done so that I would feel good about handing over a kit to another fellow Volvo owner who will drive with their family in the car, and I still sleep soundly ;-) It caused some major pain and expense but I am glad i did it that way.

(05-09-2023, 04:47 PM)glennda5id Wrote: The reason I am looking into this is that I have had issues with uneven pad wear/warped rotors and the rears are the latest culprit after a long road trip with a cargo box on the roof and a cargo container in the hitch. So I want to replace and figure, why not go bigger. However, since I use Pilot Assist so much, I want everything working properly. Interesting that the front config wont take. I might just need the backs upgraded anyway to solve my issue so I will start there. I will report back once Ive had time to gather parts and install.

You will have no issues, config change or not. It will all work just fine. Change the pads though (you probably will anyways) the Volvo OEM pads are what causes the warping of the rotors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retrofit T8 Brakes - 345/320mm to 366/340mm - by Power6 - 05-09-2023, 08:32 PM