09-27-2026, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone,
Iām struggling with a persistent audio issue on my 2019 Volvo V60 (SPA platform, High Performance Sound system) and could really use some expert guidance.
Here is the background story:
I bought the car with the right-side audio already not working. The physical amplifier installed in the car was a unit dated 2021 (meaning a previous owner had already tried replacing it). Thinking that unit was faulty, I bought another used amplifier (dated late 2018) and swapped it.
When I installed the 2018 unit, the behavior changed slightly: the entire rear section started playing, but the front remained silent, and briefly the right lower door speaker even played. However, while messing with OrBit, I noticed the car configuration was somehow set to "Base Performance" instead of High Performance. When I changed the car config to "Base" and then back, the system completely scrambled ā exactly like the 2021 unit ā and now only the left side and right tweeter play.
I pulled the ECU info for the module currently installed, and this is what it shows:
Hardware Part: 31652394 (Assembly: 32265284)
SWLM: 32265285 AA
SWP1_Local Configuration Parameters: 32200492 AA
Primary Bootloader: 32200490 AA
It looks like these replacement amplifiers carry software from a Volvo XC40 (CMA platform), which completely misaligns the pinout and channel mapping for my V60 (SPA platform).
My questions / assumptions:
I plan to fix the car configuration back to High Performance in OrBit first.
I assume I need to flash the correct V60 software onto the AUD module to fix the channel/pin mapping.
I suspect I might need the SBL (32200490_AA.vbf) and a matching Main Software VBF for V60 (such as 31652395), but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure if these are the exact files required for my setup.
Could anyone advise if my diagnostic path is correct, and point me toward or provide the right VBF files to get all channels working properly on my V60?
Thank you all so much for your help!
Iām struggling with a persistent audio issue on my 2019 Volvo V60 (SPA platform, High Performance Sound system) and could really use some expert guidance.
Here is the background story:
I bought the car with the right-side audio already not working. The physical amplifier installed in the car was a unit dated 2021 (meaning a previous owner had already tried replacing it). Thinking that unit was faulty, I bought another used amplifier (dated late 2018) and swapped it.
When I installed the 2018 unit, the behavior changed slightly: the entire rear section started playing, but the front remained silent, and briefly the right lower door speaker even played. However, while messing with OrBit, I noticed the car configuration was somehow set to "Base Performance" instead of High Performance. When I changed the car config to "Base" and then back, the system completely scrambled ā exactly like the 2021 unit ā and now only the left side and right tweeter play.
I pulled the ECU info for the module currently installed, and this is what it shows:
Hardware Part: 31652394 (Assembly: 32265284)
SWLM: 32265285 AA
SWP1_Local Configuration Parameters: 32200492 AA
Primary Bootloader: 32200490 AA
It looks like these replacement amplifiers carry software from a Volvo XC40 (CMA platform), which completely misaligns the pinout and channel mapping for my V60 (SPA platform).
My questions / assumptions:
I plan to fix the car configuration back to High Performance in OrBit first.
I assume I need to flash the correct V60 software onto the AUD module to fix the channel/pin mapping.
I suspect I might need the SBL (32200490_AA.vbf) and a matching Main Software VBF for V60 (such as 31652395), but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure if these are the exact files required for my setup.
Could anyone advise if my diagnostic path is correct, and point me toward or provide the right VBF files to get all channels working properly on my V60?
Thank you all so much for your help!

