Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit T8 Brakes - 345/320mm to 366/340mm
I've tested changing the brake settings. It looks like the 19" FN+, or the BR19 (Polestar Brembo) settings for front brakes don't take, the BCM has a persistent config error. The setting for the 340mm 18" rear brakes will take without errors though. Who knows what it does but now my car is 'adjusted' for them, we'll see if I can tell any difference, probably not!

That's on a non-hybrid with the BCM, my 2019 S60 T6. The only models with the 19" front brakes, the ATE or Brembo, are hybrid models with the brake by wire BCM2. So it's pretty likely the BCM was never "programmed" for the 19" brakes, so doesn't take the config. No idea why it has no problem with the 18" rear brakes but that one works.

(05-01-2023, 06:48 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: I wouldn't mess around with breaking system just for the looks.  I might have considered it if OEM upgrade from factory was available. 
There are so many things can go wrong with electronically controlled brakes with so many different sensors and dependencies.  I don't think it worth the risk, one simple random fault is enough to turn your life upside down.

There is kind of two types of owners...those who want flashy brakes and don't care about messing up the system. And those too scared of messing up the system to put on a brake kit. Too bad I made a brake kit engineered proplerly for those who don't want to mess up the system lol, there aren't many buyers. Oh well though, I like them and they are awesome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retrofit T8 Brakes - 345/320mm to 366/340mm - by Power6 - 05-02-2023, 11:00 PM