Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Lights and Active High Beam
(02-04-2023, 07:06 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 03:58 AM)Partridge Wrote: As far as the Active High Beam settings, both 
Code:
04 With AHB2 (Adaptive), Low Beam in Village
05 With AHB2 (Adaptive), High Beam in Small Village

definitely turn on adaptive high beam functionality.  I can see the lights cutting out a square of darkness around cars that I am following.  I will note that it is not on as much as I thought it would be, but that may have to do with the fact that there are lots of streetlights where I live and the system seems to have pretty stringent requirements for what it considers high beam on conditions.
They are definetely not that bright. It's actually worst with them on. Sure, you can see a little on the sides but its very dim and not wide enough. I've driven lots of cars at night. My old A3 with HID had a veeery wide High Beam (tho not adaptive). My fathers Insignia with Matrix has twice as bright and wide as ours. Also gets closer to the car when shadowing
My biggest problem is that it leaves the front car mostly unlit. Have to use fog lights to brighten the area a little bit. When the beam moves out the way it creates a dark spot. I will try to make a video of it
This video is from a XC60 on youtube. Skip to minute 7
https://youtu.be/tqJ3_Etg-2Y
When in bends, if there is a car coming from the other way and you already have another one in front, or on wide streets (2lanes/direction) the beam separates the cars but it gets to a point (for me mostly) when there are to many cars and the beam has nowhere to go meaning it turns both of them off, that is the worst. It should move back in the middle as a low beam but no, it turns into NO Beam
VW used on Golf 7 Adaptive Led (before Matrix) with the same exact way as Volvo but a whooole lot better. Check youtube, there are plenty there.
I really think that Volvo made a huuuge mistake to put only reflectors, no Lens at all. Lens would've made a huge diference

That video lines up pretty we with what I’m experiencing. I don’t see the AHB active much because it doesn’t turn on if there’s a hint of streetlight. On dark highway exits it’s really obvious because I can see the shadow chasing the other car around the corner and the shoulders are much better lit than they were before.

Messages In This Thread
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by mamous - 02-02-2023, 06:58 PM
RE: Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by Partridge - 02-04-2023, 03:02 PM
RE: Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by x119 - 02-04-2023, 08:29 PM
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by SlapShot - 02-16-2023, 04:03 AM
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by BeachBoy - 03-01-2023, 11:47 PM