Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change audio profile Performance HK and BW
You can change it, equipment does differ of course. In my case, I had the HK as original, I did change to the B&W config when I was learning to do the config on Volvos. It's no harm, it changes the options in the IHU and the sound profile changes a bit. IIRC the "sound stage" settings are not compatible between the two, so if you mismatch the config, those settings just have no effect.

When I swappd the amp to a B&W, I ran it with the "HK" stereo config for while, without changing the speakers it just sounded better to me. But again, the sound stage settings didn't work on the B&W amp.

Once I swapped the speakers, then I changed the config to match B&W, as it does sound good when everything is matched ;-)

There is not much harm in trying the things out, just maybe some control doesn't work. The amp connection is optical, it's all digital MOST connection, there is no worry of any hardware issue like overdriving pre-amp voltages or anything like that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change audio profile Performance HK and BW - by Power6 - 03-14-2023, 09:21 PM