Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active high beams for us non-bendy folk
(03-06-2023, 08:32 PM)Power6 Wrote: Tourist mode is another config that can be enabled. It DOES have a use for US cars...very narrow use, I think Volvo enables that when you do Euro delivery program and pick the car up at the factory. Pre-delivery after the car is shipped to the US dealer may later remove that config. I don't think it's changing the full "handedness" of the lights, which is part physical and can't be changed (different part numbers and marked LHD or RHD), so much as it is a mode that the bendy lights can do their best impression of the headlights for running on the "wrong side" of the road temporarily. That's my take on it anyways.

The thing with some config items, like the headlights type...is it intended to match the hardware installed, or are you setting the operation mode for hardware that is the same...each item is different. I suspect US vs Euro beam pattern for example, is a hardware difference in the reflectors, but I don't know that is the case, they are at least different hardware parts with the FMVSS compliant orange side reflector for the US.

I’m beginning to think that the only reason for the different part numbers may be the orange reflectors. Honestly considering the active lights I’m not sure why they would need to have a LHD and RHD version. Definitely with Pixel lighting that will go away and all be software defined.

I’ve always wondered how they get away with running DOT beam pattern lights in Europe with OSD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Active high beams for us non-bendy folk - by Partridge - 03-06-2023, 09:57 PM