Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(09-06-2024, 08:51 PM)jdhx Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 01:07 PM)jdhx Wrote: My car is fitted with an ISUDAR carplay unit.  This unit connects between the car and the main display (intercepting connectors) and also connects to the CAN bus.

Is it likely that VIDA will detect and complain about this unit?

Is there any way I can use Orbit to check how the car sees it, ie is it a rogue unit?

Thanks

@IMAY2023

What do you think about this?
I watched couple of videos about how it's installed and operates from the manufacturer. There are several different ones mostly from Ali Express but in general they all act in the same way.  

First things first, 
IHU is NOT a can bus unit. It's LIN master and FlexRay unit. 
The android box is placed between the IHU and the center display thus that gives you option switching between the IHU or the android auto box on the screen.  While switching between the regular sensus and the android bot, both center display and the IHU still think that they are connected. That's why it does not generate any DTC.  
Yes, the android unit is connected to FlexRay in parallel to capture and send back messages to IHU and rest of the units. Such as detecting volume, reverse and etc. 
I don't think VIDA would detect it since it is not registered ECU known to VIDA.  Worse case, it may throw some DTC in diagnostic mode but wouldn't block the car for the total upgrade. 

Having said that, 
There is a configuration option in the Orbit called "foreign device "equipment" detection. Mine is disabled "without" from the factory. 
Not sure what is it for and how it operates. It might be related to retrofitted non-volvo device, controller maybe not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition! - by IMAY2023 - 09-09-2024, 12:41 AM