Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix
Sometimes PMs I don't get to them right away. I should set up an auto-responder, best to email at any of the addresses, info or support.

The SPA doesn't have a KVM. The Keyless system is run between the VCM (handles the antennas and communication) and the CEM (handles the security/immo stuff). It's different from the previous cars that way, so you just had old information that didn't apply, no worries that is how you learn. 

OrBit can probably help figure out an issue. You can read codes and data from modules which would probably be things that would help. It's not there yet as far as replacing VIDA. It's more of a tinkerers' tool for troubleshooting things currently, kinda have to poke around or know what you are looking for. If you want guided troubleshooting processes and full documentation, I'd get a 3 day subscription to VIDA if it's available to you, and use the factory tool as it's most complete way to troubleshoot a Volvo. Or just take it to a shop/dealer that has VIDA.

It could be as simple as reading codes, some DTC will tell you some antenna is bad and you know which one needs to be replaced. But it might not be so simple. You don't know what you don't know. Maybe you can at least get the trouble codes read out first by a shop, friend, auto parts store...

Messages In This Thread
Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-15-2024, 12:36 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-15-2024, 07:44 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-18-2024, 06:51 AM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-18-2024, 10:35 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-21-2024, 11:53 AM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by Power6 - 08-21-2024, 10:39 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-24-2024, 03:25 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 08-25-2024, 03:34 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 09-08-2024, 02:17 PM
RE: Keyless entry problem diagnosis/fix - by jdhx - 09-10-2024, 08:30 AM