Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(08-12-2024, 09:02 PM)paunionutz Wrote:
(08-12-2024, 07:09 PM)Sieluck Wrote: They have official car outfit with all mods done by authorised dealers. If it is not on the server it does not exist. Same thing anyone can go to them, pay for software update and claim their car was fully equipped. It doesn't work like that I think.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I don't think is quite like this. If i have a full functional car, you can't bring me back an broken car, because an official outfit. If i sell my car, with all his options, and don't tell the buyer that are not all  factory  and he goes to the dealer, and they broke the car, who is in fault? I gave him a perfect car, with all options, and worked perfect without errors, and after dealer software (not asked by the client, and forced by the dealer to do it), the car is not working any more (properly).  How could they charge the client to replace headlights,  mirrors, seats, music (aud+ speakers+ wiring), keyless not working, foglights not working. We speak 5000 euro parts and labour (at the dealer), for something that worked before their softaware. He can't acuse me, because i sold him a perfect car, the dealer broked. Plus if client goes with adaptive headlights, they can't put him normal headlights and charge him. What about the rest of parts? In my case bliss sensors. They will remove from the car, otherways Vida will detect them at every connections.
You are mixing up things! 
First of all blocking a car for software downloads and for an ECU reload or total upgrade does not mean breaking the car! VIDA blocks a car for software download or ECU reload if only VIDA detects CEM configuration change by third party like Vdash or Orbit. The car will continue to operate as exactly it was before VIDA readout!  
If VIDA detects an ECU or module which wasn't part of the original built or reads a second hand replaced ECU (AUD, IHU, IMS etc.), VIDA will not allow a total upgrade until all the HW changes are reloaded.  Again, this is not called blocking the car nor breaking the car. Everything will continue to operate as it was before the VIDA read out. 

Now, you are writing a novel that someone configures and upgrades a car and sells it someone without disclosing the history! First of all this is called fraud and being a con artist! 
Second,  it's up to VOLVO to unblock the car or not and under what conditions!  Most likely VOLVO would require to reload the CEM "loosing all custom config" before unblocking it. 
Third, VOLVO or any other make do not have any obligation to fix or service a customized car even it's under warranty! Altering factory configuration or adding/replacing an ECU / module breaks the warranty!  You can argue that you did not know, it's not theirs it's your problem to solve! VOLVO or any other manufacturer might or might not choose to help you! 

If your car involves in an accident, your insurance company will fix the car according to original factory equipment based on VIN unless you've disclosed all the retrofitted items. In that case, insurance company may or may not insure a modified car! Still it's the buyer's responsibility to check the car and verified the equipment list.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition! - by IMAY2023 - 08-13-2024, 12:24 AM