Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(08-12-2024, 07:09 PM)Sieluck Wrote: They have official car outfit with all mods done by authorised dealers. If it is not on the server it does not exist. Same thing anyone can go to them, pay for software update and claim their car was fully equipped. It doesn't work like that I think.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka

It all depends on the VOLVO's internal policy but don't be confused with what could or would an authorized volvo service install or enable on the car and what is actually possible. 
A very simple example:
In the US market Alarm is offered as an option but without internal motion sensor. Even if you go to the dealer, they would say no.  However, If you buy a used motion sensor and install it yourself. (plug and play) and then connect the VIDA. VIDA will detect the IMS and will give you option to reload IMS. costs $250 USD. Which makes it official. 

Same as you can retrofit WAM module for 360 instead of offered or already installed reverse camera although 360 camera is not an option as a retrofit accessory. VIDA would detect it and you can reload the software as long as the WAM ECU's part number is suitable for your VIN.  But again dealer would not install it because it's not an officially offered accessory and I don't know how much WAM reload costs! 

On the other hand, 
Retrofitted factory fog lights. The front bumper harness has the connectors but from the front bumper to the CEM, there is no wiring. I wired them myself. But then, I needed to use Orbit to enable them. CEM doe not detect and report it to VIDA because the FOG light pins are disabled.  VOLVO does not offer fog light as retrofitted accessory for SPA and CMA thus there is no application part number for it. However, VOLVO offers fog light retrofit for older models officially. 

There is also something called "configuration change" which allows certain configuration changes to become official as long as the changed configurations are accepted by VOLVO. 
This option is risky! First, you will be taking the risk of certain blockage by VOLVO, they might or might not unblock the car with the modified configurations or they might say, revert to original and then they would unblock the car or also possible, they would reject unblocking the car under any circumstances.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition! - by IMAY2023 - 08-12-2024, 08:12 PM