Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XC40 Recharge interior lights retrofit
(07-14-2024, 05:02 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: The red circles are the pin numbers on the controller. 
The two parallel lines in the green area represents the different trims. There are no two wires connected to the same pin.  The ground is shared where you see all lines join on a bold circle sign.  "93/1_334"  if you search for it, it should find you the page where it shows the location of the ground connector on the car. It really does not matter from where you take the ground.   On the lines you have the color codes and the thickness of the wire in millimeters. Example:  Grey with orange strips with 0.35mm radius for power from the module. 

The lights on the door takes the power from the door module.  CEM sends signal to the door module to turn on/off the power.  As long as you do not connect the controller pins directly to ground, you won't short it.  In addition, even if you connect the lights to the door module, they wouldn't work without the proper CEM configuration.  CEM wouldn't send signal to door module to turn on. 

The number 94/554 is the door trim panel harness connector and the ":#" represents the pin number on the connector.  So,  " 94/554:8"  is the PIN 8. 

I do not have xc40 nor wireless charger on my s60.  it might the lights for the cup holder..

Thanks, it's all clear now! So the drawings do have all the information I need (and even more, because it gives me colour AND wire size, whereas Peugeot just gives a code printed on the wires and the wire didn't have any colour logic, except for ground), just in a less interactive way, but that's still good!
I'll now go forward to test and see which outputs actually work and don't.
I agree with you that most of them will be turned off in the CEM, but I'm still hopeful some are actually working but not wired.

Pretty much the only mood light I have in my XC40 is the front footwell lights that are dimmed at night and of course full on when the door is open, and that's pretty much it
[Image: MEUNIAM_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: XC40 Recharge interior lights retrofit - by iGeorge3 - 07-14-2024, 01:06 PM