Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XC40 Recharge interior lights retrofit
(07-13-2024, 08:06 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: The wiring diagrams does show the signal type and the connector number and the pin number. The power, LIN and CAN are on separate pages. But yes, it won't show the location of the connectors. You just need to fallow the wiring from the controller / light.  
TIP: search for the module names, connector numbers. It should find the relevant pages.  

For the wireless charger.  On XC40 it is on the same LIN as the Airborn particulate sensor (under the climate unit next to the inside cabin air filter). The middle pin on the sensor.  Even if you replace the whole center console with the new wiring of it,  on the car's main harness connector " where the center console harness connects" most likely you don't have the corresponding power and LIN  PINs and wiring.    

Regarding the lights on the door. 
They are all controlled by the door control module. In most cases, the inner harness on the door has the wiring but not on the trim harness. You will need to replace the door trim panel harness anyway for the lights.  

Door handles with the lights.  They are are also controlled by the door module but not sure if the connectors and wiring exists on your door's inner harness.

Thank you for the feedback!

Just taking it point by point:
  • Indeed, the drawings do show most details. I have found the page for the door light in this example below, but I do have some questions:
    [Image: MEUNMIT_t.jpg]
    Circled in red, do those codes tell me the connector and pin number on the connector?
    Circled in green is a curious area for me, because I see this a lot: because there's 2 wires in parallel. Do these refer to the trim level? I see written ILLMID and ILLHIGH, which I'm guessing is short for "Illumination Mid/high". So does this mean that if I have the Illumination set as "MID" in the CEM, that power output should work to turn on the light?
    It is silly questions but I'd rather make sure before I short the wrong circuit and fry my car ?
  • For the wireless charger: my mistake, what I meant was the ambient light around the wireless charger. I already do have the wireless charger installed.
    And therefore my question was regarding the white connector around the 12V plug, which seems to be for the mood lighting there, but it has no power
  • Door trim harness: yes, there is no harness available for the lights at all, and I won't bother replacing it, I will create the missing harness myself. The price of the used harness is just as (if not more) expensive as a new one, and buying it will cost me so much that I should've just gotten the option when buying the car.
    Hence all my questions regarding the electrical drawings, because I'll be cabling all this myself. I already found the part number for the 3-pin green connectors used in the small lights in the car (which was a headache to find)

Thank you!
[Image: MEUNIAM_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: XC40 Recharge interior lights retrofit - by iGeorge3 - 07-13-2024, 09:00 PM