Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(06-23-2024, 06:24 PM)paunionutz Wrote: In your case, Vida gave you option to reload IMS because the IMS sensor is an option that Volvo can retrofit official. But like you see in your case, when you want to retrofit Pillot Assist, Vida let you to download BCM reload software, and then told you that is not for your VIN. Probably will make the same with the HK, and other option that are not compatible with the VIN. In your case Vida install software for MID headlights, in your HIGH modules, and crash the headlight.

No, Alarm with movement sensor was not an option for my car! In US all VOLVOs comes with factory fitted Alarm only!  Adding IMS was not even an option for US market. However, in some cases, like the IMS VIDA allows you retrofit it and reload in the US market. 

Pilot Assist upgrade is still available if you find the part brand new! The diagnostic part number of the unit is tied to PA software part number.  If the original unit is replaced with the same part number or a newer one but with the same diagnostic part number "without top dumping brake unit" original, then VIDA will reload BSM software. 

The headlight units are different story. 
There are two types of HCM, HIGH (bendy) and MID (non-bendy) only during production of the car.  The part numbers are exactly the same. Thus if you buy new one, there is no difference.  When I reloaded the HCMs on my second hand High types, it did not caused any problems.  It could have been enabled the bendy lights by itself if I had reloaded them correctly.  I select just reload the HCM option. There were 6 options. 
1) Left controller
2) Left controller with headlight
3) Left Headlight 
4) Right controller
5) Right controller with headlight
6) Right headlight

There were no options that combines 2 and 5 above which was my case.  But the procedure installing 2 or 5 stand alone is same as orbit does. VIDA asks for the info from the sticker of the headlight(s).  

After I reloaded the HCMs only on my used HIGH level HCMS, I could install total upgrade. But the none of the exterior lights functioned correctly. That's why I reloaded the HCMs from the Orbit by fallowing all the steps. And it worked perfectly afterwards.  Now, I do not know for sure if VIDA would detect the SW changes (if any) and force me reload again in the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition! - by IMAY2023 - 06-23-2024, 07:27 PM