Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(06-23-2024, 04:56 PM)paunionutz Wrote: For seats (i had manual seats, and now  is only driver seat electric), i will probably cut the CAN wires, for audio i plug old AUD, but what should i do with the headlights and mirrors? If i unplug the fuses, is ok?
PS: for HK  probably will reload software for Premium sound, i don't  think that will reload software for HK, because in Vida servers i don't have HK, and is not available for mai VIN
PS: semi-automatic parking is not available anymore on accessories, and neither software for upgrade

For the seats, you can just disconnect the connector. no need to cut stuff. 
Removing the fuses for headlights would work. But, I do not what pre-programming checks does VIDA run before installing total upgrade.  Headlight units (HCML and HCMR) can be essential modules and VIDA  would or would not upgrade.  

PS: semi-automatic parking is not available anymore on accessories, and neither software for upgrade .  You might be right. However, although the IMS (alarm movement sensor) wasn't available as accessory,  VIDA detected my retro fitted $20 IMS and gave me the option "IMS reload" for $250.  where IMS remove option was only $30.  You cannot leave the sensors connected, either it detects them and gives you the option make them official or does not detect them all.  Sensors does generate signal, they are turn on and off by the CEM. So, if they are disabled from CEM, they won't turn on. 

For HK AUD, it might or might not reload by itself.   A member here purchased a brand new one from the dealer, according to same person, the dealer requested the upgrade for the car.  
I am not VIDA expert or a VOLVO employee. So, I cannot tell you what exactly would or would not work.  I am just sharing my experience!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition! - by IMAY2023 - 06-23-2024, 05:30 PM