Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(06-08-2024, 06:38 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Another important point I forgot to mention. 
When I did the first read out,  my retrofitted heated & ventilated back seats were also left connected.  I got DTCs from CCM that said "A new module detected that does not match car's configuration"  which was expected because I reverted all config to original before read out by VIDA. 

Unlike the IMS (alarm movement sensor), PSMD, PSMP and HCM VIDA did not add the CCM nor any other reload software for the retrofitted two rear seat heating modules. 
So, we cannot really know which retrofits would be added in the HW changes lists s and which wouldn't.  

Here is another point how VIDA and VOLVO part number work.  
I retrofitted ACC & Pilot Assist officially.   I purchased the 30795868 "Hydraulic unit" and replaced my original with it. 
When I did the VIDA read out  to install the software after installation of the new unit, it had given me two different software in  the HW changes TAB.  I though, I had to order both below and install one after another.  
1) BSM reload  "don't remeber the part number" 
2) IntelliSafe Assist 32207072

So, I ordered and retrieved "paid" the first one "BSM reload", but it did not install it. Complaining that this software is not compatible with your VIN. 
VOLVO refunded the money then I purchased the other one " IntelliSafe Assist 32207072" and installed it successfully and that was it.  It included the BSM main software and everything else. 

What this means is, if you even connect a new B&W AUD to your car and try to reload AUD, it may or may not install it depending on if that HW part number is listed as option for your VIN.

I two days my new b&w aud will arrive to the dealr where I can pick it up. Before paying will ask the dealer of there willing to do the reload. Trough my vin the aud I ordered does pup up as part for this car aka my car. Thus I really thin reload trough vida should work. Will see and will keep you up to date.

(06-08-2024, 06:38 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Another important point I forgot to mention. 
When I did the first read out,  my retrofitted heated & ventilated back seats were also left connected.  I got DTCs from CCM that said "A new module detected that does not match car's configuration"  which was expected because I reverted all config to original before read out by VIDA. 

Unlike the IMS (alarm movement sensor), PSMD, PSMP and HCM VIDA did not add the CCM nor any other reload software for the retrofitted two rear seat heating modules. 
So, we cannot really know which retrofits would be added in the HW changes lists s and which wouldn't.  

Here is another point how VIDA and VOLVO part number work.  
I retrofitted ACC & Pilot Assist officially.   I purchased the 30795868 "Hydraulic unit" and replaced my original with it. 
When I did the VIDA read out  to install the software after installation of the new unit, it had given me two different software in  the HW changes TAB.  I though, I had to order both below and install one after another.  
1) BSM reload  "don't remeber the part number" 
2) IntelliSafe Assist 32207072

So, I ordered and retrieved "paid" the first one "BSM reload", but it did not install it. Complaining that this software is not compatible with your VIN. 
VOLVO refunded the money then I purchased the other one " IntelliSafe Assist 32207072" and installed it successfully and that was it.  It included the BSM main software and everything else. 

What this means is, if you even connect a new B&W AUD to your car and try to reload AUD, it may or may not install it depending on if that HW part number is listed as option for your VIN.

I two days my new b&w aud will arrive to the dealr where I can pick it up. Before paying will ask the dealer of there willing to do the reload. Trough my vin the aud I ordered does pup up as part for this car aka my car. Thus I really thin reload trough vida should work. Will see and will keep you up to date.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition! - by Cerebro - 06-08-2024, 08:05 PM