Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 XC90 Carplay - No option in Orbit
(08-09-2023, 12:01 AM)Thiefsie Wrote: Alright I'll have another look with Orbit when I get some time over the next day or so and take some screenshots for you.

I sourced a cheap USB double kit so that's on the way also - but sounds like that's somewhat unnecessary for Carplay regardless.

I might have to investigate the VCM errors although it seems I'm up for thousands to repair that particular problem (! ouch).

Hi there,

Interested to know how you went on with installing your USB double kit. I also have a 2016 XC 90. I've had the software installed by the local dealer through their VIDA system. This was before I did anything with the single USB port. From my research I was confident it would work with Apple CarPlay as from what I read the second port is only required for android auto. However, if you only have a single port your iphone will not charge.

I am in the process of installing the double USB kit as I wanted to have the phone charging and the kit was a fairly cheap price and the install looked reasonably straightforward. I have got to the last point of the install where the cable needs to be plugged into, the fuse box cable but the lead does not fit into the socket of the plug. Wondering if you've had any issues with this last step (step 46 on page 25)? Cheers Greg.

See link - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/M...9-9999.pdf

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 XC90 Carplay - No option in Orbit - by Zytech99 - 05-30-2024, 10:08 PM