Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laggy Transmission - "Hesitation" at low revs / low gear
Hi,

I am having issues with my Volvo XC40 MY20 (T5 R-Design, with 250k kms) where the car is quite 'hesitant' at low revs/low gear.
I'm convinced it's not normal for the car to feel this laggy at low revs (~<2k) or low speed (<15kph). It' doesn't always happen, but often enough to be an issue.

I've had the car serviced for this issue by a seemingly competent local mechanic (not Volvo official dealership), but they couldn't find the issue despite replacing transmission oil and some other unrelated repairs. It might have been beyond their skillset. *shrug*

I was consdiering purchasing an OBDII scanner to log engine/transmission/fuel data so I could figure out if there was a pattern/etc.
I'm now considering purchasing Orbit+sensor instead, but was hoping to know whether Orbit would be a better solution/investment for this issue.
Can it log more/less/same as the OBD?
What other function/features would Orbit offer to help my problem solving here?

I was also considering the Polestar upgrade (which seems to be partially enable-able by Orbit), but I want to sort out this issue first.

Thanks for any advice!

Messages In This Thread
Laggy Transmission - "Hesitation" at low revs / low gear - by iceman_jkh - 05-27-2024, 01:19 PM