Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar
(02-22-2023, 03:53 AM)marc92 Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 05:32 PM)Partridge Wrote: Yep. I’m going to be doing VIDA at some point but I was just reaaaally impatient to play with things so I did the pin retrieval.  Time and money are interchangeable.

How long did the OrBit pin retrieval take for you? Is it a quick thing or more of a longer brute-force type attack?

I'm weighing the PIN retrieval options and both are manageable, but I don't have a power source so I'm hoping to limit time on battery.

OrBit does not retrieve it from the car, there is no connectivity required. It's a simple PIN for $$ transaction. No questions asked, no lies told Smile

For information: Brute force isn't feasible on a SPA car because the ECU locks out after failed attempts. You either have to wait for the lock out to pass or reset the ECU to allow new attempts. This required procedure unfortunately causes too much delay in attempts and instead of XX hrs, you're in to the realms of months / years to brute the PIN. It's much more efficient to either use VIDA to extract a Seed / Key and generate a working PIN, pull the ECU and extract the firmware on a bench or to purchase some magic as loosely outline above..

Messages In This Thread
RE: DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar - by x119 - 02-22-2023, 09:48 AM