Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active high beams for us non-bendy folk
(02-18-2023, 06:41 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 02:20 PM)x119 Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 12:06 AM)Partridge Wrote: Another data point.

I had my lights set to the LED with bending US version by default and switched them to the EURO option.

I’m not sure if there’s a beam pattern change, it’s a little hard to tell but I suspect there may be less overlap in the center. This may be filled by the mystery lights in the euro version. The big difference I noticed was that the active lights stay on from ride to ride instead of defaulting to off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer the beam pattern question, yes it's different. Please use spec per side of road you drive on!!

Details per attachment:

There’s more to it than that. The handedness of the car (LHD RHD) appears to be in a different setting. The LED light type could control USA/NA vs ROW be patterning which affects the shape of the beam and where the cutoffs are. There were plenty of people in the US in p2 Volvos swapping to euro LHD light clusters to get a slightly better beam pattern because the NA spec HID pattern was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I said.. it's a different setting. Just to make sure it's appropriate for your country!
If you look at the document the beam patterns appear to be LHD or RHD for LED, there isn't a difference per country / region like with Halogen. 

In the UK we have tourist mode, so we can switch when driving in EU / further afield. Don't believe this was a US option as you're not going to a RHD country easily by road!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Active high beams for us non-bendy folk - by x119 - 02-18-2023, 11:43 PM