Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Active Noise Control (EOE & EOR) - How to get it disabled?
For others, here is the process to directly disable ANC on the IHU. I do not know why for some cars, it does not apparently disable with only config. I wouldn't know, do I hear it or not?? but the folks connecting audio equipment, well a couple have found there is still some output on some of the cars, despite the config item having it being disabled.

First, check the setting via DID read. Follow the screenshot, on the ECU Tools tab, change the Active ECU to IHU, find the EF75 DID, click "Send to ECU" to read it. As far as I can see, "0300" is the default, "take the ANC setting from config".

Now to write the ANC value to the IHU (to disable it). This is a manual command to the IHU, until I add something more user friendly, but it is easy to do. Click the "Send Cmd" button, then modify the command parameters as shown, leave the defaults and simply paste in 2EEF750000 and click OK.

You should get a return from the IHU, I don't have a screenshot handy. Anything other than "6eef75" is a failure. 

Now check the DID again, same as the first step, you should see the ANC is now in disable state:

What I found in testing, if the IHU is restarted, the ANC will go back to 0300 status. And that may re-enable the ANC if it is not "taking" the config to disable. That was on my 2019 S60. The IHU should only be restarted after a config/software flash from OrBit or VIDA, so normal usage it should stay disabled, but be aware you may need to check and disable it again at some point.

On my 2022 S60, it seems to be already disabled, 0000 even when the config has it enabled?? So I am not sure what the deal is with this, probably need to look at many more cars to make sense of it, maybe a difference in the way ANC works over the years. But you can turn it off in the IHU, if you want to turn it off...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Active Noise Control (EOE & EOR) - How to get it disabled? - by Power6 - 04-22-2024, 10:40 PM