Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Lights and Active High Beam
(02-02-2023, 09:20 PM)Power6 Wrote: Thanks! I will add for the folks like me, without bendy lights ;-( but who do have the LED type non-bendy headlights like my 2019 S60:

Original settings:
106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 09 LED, without Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND Mid Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village  

New setting:
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM  - 05 With AHB2 (Adaptive), High Beam in Small Village

I change just that, and get adaptive beams, it works. Probably not as fancy as the bendy ones.

From my experience and feedback from others, I hve gathered the "High Beam in small village" is the preferred setting, otherwise the preference of the lights seems to be to switch to low beam (no adaptive) on most secondary roads, not using the adaptive beam.

So what I think we need at this point is to figure out what the Headlights Type is for people outside the US who have adaptive high beams.  I suspect that it is 

106 Headlights Type - 0C LED, without Bending Light, Type B, With HCM ROW High Range

So
09= USA non-bendy Mid Range
0A= ?ROW Mid Range?
0B= USA bendy High Range
0C= ROW non-bendy High Range

Oddly there is no a Bendy ROW version, that seems to be a USA only thing? Odd since I believe they do bending in ROW.

Currently with the setups mentioned above we definitely do not get the full spate of option settings seen in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzN9QVRY_Q

Messages In This Thread
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by mamous - 02-02-2023, 06:58 PM
RE: Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by Partridge - 02-02-2023, 11:26 PM
RE: Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by x119 - 02-04-2023, 08:29 PM
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by SlapShot - 02-16-2023, 04:03 AM
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by BeachBoy - 03-01-2023, 11:47 PM