Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does OrBit config affect OTA updates? Will my car get blocked?
(03-01-2024, 11:05 AM)Orman Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 07:01 AM)Orman Wrote: Has anyone actually had their car serviced at a Volvo dealer without restoring to OEM?

(03-01-2024, 10:07 AM)x119 Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 07:01 AM)Orman Wrote: Has anyone actually had their car serviced at a Volvo dealer without restoring to OEM?

Yes, we did the experimenting for you before OrBit was born... it'll be blocked from connection to VIDA until you have restored, submitted ticket to Volvo and then connect again to VIDA to be verified as restored.

Hm, so it’s basically confirmed then that most likely your car is getting blocked if not reverted to OEM config beforehand? Because everywhere it says that it should not be detectable by VIDA, just that it’s good practice to restore beforehand anyway.

STRIKE THAT FROM THE RECORD!! I'll go smack x119 for you ;-)

Volvo does not currently block cars with config from OrBit. It works differently from other Volvo config software on the market, which DOES result in the car getting blocked.

You can visit the dealer, connect to VIDA etc. with the OrBit config changes. The best practice is, if you can, Restore to OEM in OrBit before a dealer visit. That avoids any possible issues. volvo could someday figure it out, to start blocking cars based in the configs modified with OrBit. I am sure they would like to get that done. So better to avoid any trouble. But as it is now, if it does happen, the car is connected to VIDA with the OrBit modified config, there is no problem.

Note: We got a big enough user base, that when something changes, we should know about it. I am always working on something of course, have connected my car recently to VIDA with modified config (via OrBit) it's well known at this time, it is not a problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does OrBit config affect OTA updates? Will my car get blocked? - by Power6 - 03-01-2024, 03:00 PM