Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V60 T8 MY19 Retrofitting seat memory
Well, here is a an update on this. 
I found a trim together with memory buttons for $30. Of course I jumped on it. 
Then, the harness on the door trim panel is needed to be replaced 31483794. But the problem is that this harness is in back order. 
So, I ordered just the connector and the pins  and these pins to wire them myself.   The harness on the door, has all the wires from the female connector to PSMP. 
I looked at the wire connections from the memory button to connector on driver side and I replicated the same at the passenger side. 
3 Wires for the locking can be reused,  I cut them and just repin them for the new connector. 
3 new wires for memory and 2 new wires for the switch lights because enabling memory seats will power the light of the memory switch from different pin. 

The existing 3 wires, are shared with the light of the window button. So, two brown wires are needed to be connected for positive.   

First I was very happy when I heard the memory store sound. I thought I made it work! However, it simply won't work! and PSMP will register 4 DTCs  "Missing sensors!  Because of cheapness of VOLVO nothing more nothing less! 
Do not confuse it with 127 SEAT TRACK SENSORS like I did. That has nothing to do with it! It's used by SRS.  It turns out the sensor for each position is inside in each motor and there is no settings for them.  PSMP registers the position by using those sensors inside the motors!   
If you look at the seat motor replacement part numbers for all three motors, there are no variants! I verified, they all come with sensors when ordered as replacement.
The seat wiring harness also missing the 2 wires from each motor to the PSMP total 8. But again, replacement harness has all those wires. 

The 4th motor is the back support. Never used it. I don't care if it's stored or not.  

So, how much money did VOLVO saved with this nonsense. 8 20cm wires and the same motor without sensor? 
Now, it's possible to find the motors with sensor(s) on ebay. (just make sure that the motor's connector has 4 pins. (2 big and 2 tiny) they are relatively cheap! $25 each but the problem is replacing them. In order to replace the motors, the whole seat needs to come apart to its bones. 

At this point I give up because if I break something while dismantling almost everything it will cost much more to fix the damn thing. 
So, my advice to everyone who are interested in memory seats, Just replace the whole seat or find a base with memory already and use your own cushions!

Messages In This Thread
RE: V60 T8 MY19 Retrofitting seat memory - by IMAY2023 - 02-09-2024, 07:12 AM