Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
(01-16-2024, 06:04 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: I am using the PA all the time including within the city. It holds the lanes and handles the curves well as long as the marking on the road is visible.  Besides, when PA does not detect the lanes, it turns into grey and acts as ACC only which is also nice.  
FYI, it's not unique to VOLVO, all other makes also clearly say it's for highway driving.

I expect that as I use it more, I will become more attuned to what it can and cannot cope with. My comments weren't intended as a criticism of the performance. I would say it probably works about as well as I would have expected (so-far), just that I don't feel there are enough scenarios where I feel confident it would work that it would be worth the investment of buying the update from Volvo. From a technical perspective, it is still pretty impressive. 
I do think the disengagement could have more advance notice and a more prominent signal, the haptics through the wheel are quite light, especially if you are not gripping the wheel hard. If the driver was on a winding road, and became complacent, I could see the car running off the road quite quickly after disengaging. The ACC also loses the car in front over hills, dips and corners a little easier than I'd hope - I can still see the car, but generally it works really well Smile
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by Dougray - 01-16-2024, 09:14 PM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-04-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-05-2024, 09:34 AM