Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New windshield - now having driver support errors
(09-24-2023, 08:58 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Have a look at this.   the part number is same for all models and not like headlight controller, I don't think they have a different software from factory similarly ACC and PA are within the BSM (hydraulic unit). If Volvo installs different software version for each feature on a shared part across models, changing the config from orbit wouldn't enable the ACC / PA on a car that did not have from factory. 

You have to be careful here in assuming that by looking at replacemement parts catalogs. To use the example of the HCMs, if you look up the replacement part number, it is the same for all cars. But Volvo BUILDS the cars with different parts. Presumably, they save cost at the factory with a cheaper part for the "non-bendy" headlamp cars, and then they save costs on carrying 2 different replacemement parts by selling only the "bendy capable" version replacement, since the customer pays for that part, they don't care about cost so much. 

With the HCMs though, it's only a hardware difference, the same software is used, same diagnostic part number, to VIDA either of those HCMs are the same.

I don't know the case of the PSMD/PSMP since I haven't dealt with it, other than I know a fellow who swapped to the ventilated/massage seats in a 2022 XC60, and VIDA don't like his PSMP/PSMD now. The originals are physically missing a connection that is needed so there was something different in that case requiring the swap.

But that doesn't matter for this case I guess, sounds like a completely different situation, car did not have PSMD/PSMP originally!

(09-24-2023, 09:22 PM)HitTheRoadJack Wrote: You are correct, same PSM for all but the low-end seat I had didn’t have any control unit at all, the half electric are without a CAN bus connection.
The air bags here don’t come with seats purchased from the scrap yard, you switch in your own healthy bag.

For swapped modules, if you connect VIDA with the different module, it gets found in the readout, part number and serial number are updated for the car. If you swap "back" and connect VIDA, the readout will find the current module again, part number and serial number will be updated. 

I know if you *add* a module, that too gets found by VIDA and added. What I don't know, is if you remove that module, does it get removed from the list when VIDA doesn't find it. I should test this, I have added the IMS to my car. If I get to test VIDA and read my car out with that module disconnected, I will report back here what I find, is it removed from the list or not...

Messages In This Thread
RE: New windshield - now having driver support errors - by Power6 - 09-26-2023, 04:46 PM