Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
As far as I know the Volvo PA/ACC is not designed to handle intersections/stop lights. It does handle stop and go traffic on the freeway, and maybe those seem like the same thing, but maybe not the same thing to the sensors and electronics in this car. IMO it's a system designed for the freeway and not quite good enough for off freeway use.

It's hard to say on collision mitigation, these systems are hard to "test". It's a paradox...if you are able to stop in time, then you didn't need it to activate. I don't know the sensitivity of the AAOS cars, it's not adjustable where on the Sensus car it's adjustable. I have gotten the warning a few times, when I was set to default. I don't want the car to interfere unless I am truly going to crash, so I've set my collision mitigation sensitivity to "late" ;-) 

All I have found is that the Volvo systems seems very unobtrusive, while rental Hondas and Toyotas flash and ding too much, could be my driving style hehe. I have taken my Volvo in a race track, I know what the activation feels like, and the "seat belt yank of death"...so I know the stuff works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by Power6 - 09-24-2023, 03:12 AM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-04-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-05-2024, 09:34 AM