Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New windshield - now having driver support errors
Ahhh man that is a lot of trouble yeah. We don't always know what parts are 'compatible', good to save the originals for that reason! Some you find don't matter, like the HCMs I swapped, they use the same software, VIDA sees them as compatible, so thankfully no need to swap HCMs for a TU ;-) 

The general rule is if the "diagnostic part number" is the same, modules will use the same software, and VIDA will have no problem with them. VIDA doesn't seem to care if the serial number changes, they are not enforcing that. Updates and revisions to the hardware part number are OK, as long as that diag part number is the same.

If the diagnostic part number is different on a module you swap, then VIDA will deem the modules not compatible for total upgrade or reload of that module. I know another fellow who swapped the ventilated/massage seats, required the different PSMD/PSMP, he found the same thing. We did try some tricks, since in this case, the PSMs actually seem to use the same software!! Tried disconnecting some of the connectons to the PSMs but it didn't help.

I think the only route, unfortunately, is to get a set of used PSMD/PSMP matching the original hardware parts, to plug in temporarily for TU. 

**This is one area where Volvo are kind of a pain. I understand BMW or VAG factory tools will likely load a module that would work in the car, even if it's not original fitted equipment, as long as it's a compatible configuration of equipment. But this is one area where Volvo is being strict about it, simply to discourage the behavior, not because it is truly a "problem".

Messages In This Thread
RE: New windshield - now having driver support errors - by Power6 - 09-24-2023, 02:40 AM