Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
I have a 2022 B5 momentum s60, here is my config to activate ACC and PA

023 Cruise Control: 04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go level 1
314 Adaptive Cruise Control Version: 01 ACC version 1
145 Traffic Jam Assist: 04 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 3
238 Top Damping Brakes: 01 Friction Brake actuator without top damping

Mostly works great. I didn't feel the " a little bit pulsing" when it brake for me, maybe the mild hybrid do have different hardware? 

I drove Volkswagen Tiguan, Toyota Corolla, Toyota RAV4 and Hyundai Tucson for months, and I tried out their ACC. The Corolla has the most advanced curve assistance, which will keep me in the lane in most of the time, and Tucson handles the front car in the most comfortable way. The S60's Pilot Assist is better than all of them when it works.

However I have a problem:  when approaching a red light, it sometimes can't detect the preceding stopped vehicles (no car icon is shown in the driver's display, above the steering wheel), so it doesn't decelerate. I had to hard brake by myself, which was scary. It makes me don't trust the system(at least city safty should be enabled?)

Plus a question, what's the phenomenon when city safety is activated? If it can't brake by itself, I couldn;t trust it any more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by flankere027@gmail.com - 09-20-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-04-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-05-2024, 09:34 AM